As I Lay Dying singer arrested in murder-for-hire plot

yup, and everybody would be curious how the band manages with a new lead singer, and if the guys is really good and something to offer it all might stay afloat

Yea, but if a new guy is the same, stylistically, then he'll be labeled as unoriginal and a copy-cat. The fans will berate the band for not trying something different when they had the chance.

If he IS different, stylistically, then the band will be bashed for "changing direction" and people will tout how "the old AILD lineup was so much better than the new one."

Can't win.

I think you're over thinking this Jordan. Yes, a bunch of dudes will whine on the internet but if the quality stays the same the band will continue to headline tours and sell tons of records. The bottom line is a decade, thousands of hours and millions of dollars have been spent building the AILD name and it has value beyond that of the exact same dudes under a new name. Maybe that's shitty but that's life.

I think you're over thinking this Jordan. Yes, a bunch of dudes will whine on the internet but if the quality stays the same the band will continue to headline tours and sell tons of records. The bottom line is a decade, thousands of hours and millions of dollars have been spent building the AILD name and it has value beyond that of the exact same dudes under a new name. Maybe that's shitty but that's life.

It's the opposite of shitty, it's fair for the rest of the guys, they should be able to keep doing what they love regardless of what stupid shit the singer does. People will whine, but they'll still buy albums and go to shows. Look at all the super trve metal heads who still can't get over the fact that Max and Igor are not in Sepultura and kneel daily before their Arise poster saying their creed "no Cavalera no Sepultura, they're just a cover band now!" A million times, yet they still sell and tour like hell. Silly people.

I just meant, maybe it's shitty that the marketed name carries more cache than the men behind it (Why else would we have two queensryches?). I certainly agree that the other dudes have a ton invested in the band too and every right to keep their jobs.

This may end up like the Stone Temple Pilot conflict over the name. It all depends on the legal agreements that the band members have as to the use of the band name.

His vocals on this video and his vocal on Pyrithion's stuff is so sick. As soon as I heard the Pyrithion stuff I was like "daaaaaaaaaaamn". That trying to hire a hitman thing kinda suck though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The band name is bigger than this guys name. I see no reason they can't replace him either.

Probably, they would've definitely got away with it if they had booted him pronto as soon as the news broke, as it stands they've kinda left it a bit late to disentangle themselves from it.