As I Lay Dying singer arrested in murder-for-hire plot

It might be that he has some sort of share of the name and they can't just boot him out without some form of prior contract being broken. Just a guess. I mean, didn't he pretty much form the band? I've seen that documentary they have but it's been a while.

Sounds like a metalcore band that had screaming that was replaced by JUST singing... or maybe it's just cos i know that's exactly what happened :p

I feel like it needs screaming

I dig it, I dont know if Im running out to buy it but I dig the vocals and want to hear more. I agree that a little bit of screaming would be awesome. My biggest problem with As I Lay Dying were the vocals, they werent bad by any stretch but I felt they were a bit metalcore by numbers. This singing reminds me of newer Comeback Kid a little bit, and I like the music and riffing well enough, I think its a cool mixture.

Just read the interview. It's interesting how in these situations nobody seems to come out as the good guy. As horribly as his actions read, his wife's opportunism doesn't exactly paint a pristine picture either.

Meggan herself also spoke, stating that Tim had become “dangerous” and that she “felt as fragile as a piece of paper that could float away at any moment.” Meggan also explained that the day before Tim’s arrest, the vocalist texted her asking for their three adopted children’s social security numbers in a display of “tying up loose ends.” Meggan even referenced the Arnold Schwarzenegger film ‘Total Recall,’ where he shoots his wife and says, “Consider that a divorce.”

WTF? am i the only one who thinks that the real psycho is the wife? :lol:

WTF? am i the only one who thinks that the real psycho is the wife? :lol:

Just because your wife is trying to take all your money and using your children as pawns in a divorce case DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN KILL HER. Tim made the mistake of marrying her in the first place. Instead of dealing with his problems and taking care of his children like a man, he went off the deep end and tried to have her killed. I'm sure she's a crazy manipulative bitch. That was never debated. But you can't just murder people you don't like.

What he SHOULD have done was get a really good divorce lawyer, plan on kissing a bunch of money goodbye, and just concentrate on music, his kids, and banging every hot 20 year old scene girl he could find on tour...

That's what I would have done at least.....

Just because your wife is trying to take all your money and using your children as pawns in a divorce case DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN KILL HER. Tim made the mistake of marrying her in the first place. Instead of dealing with his problems and taking care of his children like a man, he went off the deep end and tried to have her killed. I'm sure she's a crazy manipulative bitch. That was never debated. But you can't just murder people you don't like.

What he SHOULD have done was get a really good divorce lawyer, plan on kissing a bunch of money goodbye, and just concentrate on music, his kids, and banging every hot 20 year old scene girl he could find on tour...

THIS.

Why not? His country's government does it all the time. Can't be setting double standards now.

His country's government also used the fucking atomic bomb during World War II and collects taxes. That does not make it legal for private individuals to do any one of the three, thankfully :lol:

Now I am NOT saying what Tim did was acceptable. But have you been following the Jason Patric court case at all? Do you understand how difficult it is for fathers to get access to their kids within the justice systems of the USA and the UK?

The whole system is weighted against them. It burns through people's money, savings, time, and energy... all the while the father often goes through years of no contact whilst lawyers fight out all the bullshit.

Many many fathers have resorted to suicide in such cases. It really is not as easy as you imply. Sorry to be abrasive, but I think you're a bit naive about how the system chews people up.

So I can understand Tim's frustration, and HIS mental deterioration over the divorce proceedings - which from what I can tell stretched out for a long time. I don't know all the facts, but it seems likely he could have make a case for diminished responsibility. Nobody sane tries to off the mother of his kids.

Now I am NOT saying what Tim did was acceptable. But have you been following the Jason Patric court case at all? Do you understand how difficult it is for fathers to get access to their kids within the justice systems of the USA and the UK?

The whole system is weighted against them. It burns through people's money, savings, time, and energy... all the while the father often goes through years of no contact whilst lawyers fight out all the bullshit.

Many many fathers have resorted to suicide in such cases. It really is not as easy as you imply. Sorry to be abrasive, but I think you're a bit naive about how the system chews people up.

So I can understand Tim's frustration, and HIS mental deterioration over the divorce proceedings - which from what I can tell stretched out for a long time. I don't know all the facts, but it seems likely he could have make a case for diminished responsibility. Nobody sane tries to off the mother of his kids.

I understand this, but I'd be more inclined towards sympathy if the divorce filing wasn't in response to him cheating on her. I still have to assume that his main motive was cash given his net worth and the fact that he'd be found at fault in the divorce for infidelity and that prenups often have a clause that voids the agreement in such a case.

I understand this, but I'd be more inclined towards sympathy if the divorce filing wasn't in response to him cheating on her. I still have to assume that his main motive was cash given his net worth and the fact that he'd be found at fault in the divorce for infidelity and that prenups often have a clause that voids the agreement in such a case.

I'm just trying to point out that it isn't as black and white as some people suggest. For all we know he cheated on her precisely because the relationship was failing and that she was driving him nuts in various ways. It happens a lot.

Either way, yes it's a douche move to try and kill your wife.

It's not black and white because relationship breakdowns are rarely due to one person's mistakes. When it comes to discrete actions that you read about on paper, he made the lion's share of mistakes. Starting off with cheating and then capping it off with hiring someone to kill her, or scope the place out, or whatever he thought he was doing reads horribly, and allows her to assume the role of the blameless victim, whereas that likely would not have been the case had he not gone full retard. That being said, he messed up way too much for this to ever be seen as a balanced case, and as a result will lose half a decade of his life, all his savings and the chance to ever see his children again.