As I Lay Dying singer arrested in murder-for-hire plot

if they were trying to collect as many factors as they can to lessen the impact of an eventual sentence, they should probably have plead not guilty ... the fact they'll go through the course of a trial is gonna be worse on him if / when they reach that verdict

^that's what I ment with my post...saying "he was on roid rage while not doing this" is kind of a useless information in the whole picture.

They didn't know about the audio tape before pleading not guilty I suppose? I don't know how it works, but I guess the evidence get's revealed to the defender only after the plead?

I wonder what will happen to the band when/if he gets convicted. I suppose they'll have to find a replacement, 'cause I can't see them just walking away, they're pretty darn big.

I don't see Tim as an irreplacable(?) member of As I Lay Dying. His vocals are great but there's definitely people who could fill his shoes.

I don't see Tim as an irreplacable(?) member of As I Lay Dying. His vocals are great but there's definitely people who could fill his shoes.

you shouldn't see this from the point of a musician, most of the AILD fans are probably between
15-22 and fanboys and stuff and Lambesis is/was the star, so changing the "main character"
would be a bad idea PR/Marketing wise if you get what I mean.

I am not into AILD and don't think his vocals are very awesome so it wouldn't matter to me at
all, but just look at all the hate Cannibal Corpse got when Barnes left.
I am pretty sure that the amount of hate in a band like AILD would be way bigger.

you shouldn't see this from the point of a musician, most of the AILD fans are probably between
15-22 and fanboys and stuff and Lambesis is/was the star, so changing the "main character"
would be a bad idea PR/Marketing wise if you get what I mean.

I am not into AILD and don't think his vocals are very awesome so it wouldn't matter to me at
all, but just look at all the hate Cannibal Corpse got when Barnes left.
I am pretty sure that the amount of hate in a band like AILD would be way bigger.

I see your point.

I've ever been that into AILD either but the latest release caught my attention. I've never even bothered to get to know the bandmembers so that's one more reason it wouldn't matter to me personally if they only got a new vocalist.

It's a shame if a good band quits after one member screwed up. (Atleast now it seems more like Tim was quilty)

Eh they should pick up Attack! Attack!'s vocalist since they just broke up and were so fucking good and metal and breakdowns and shit! :p

Lol, i rather see them quit than Caleb on vocals :yuk:

As I Lay Dying is like 75% Tim for me, it would be pretty awkward with someone else. Not that his vocals are that special, but he was/is just an awesome front man and one of the biggest in the scene.

Maybe the rest of the band could start a new band and wait for Tim and do a comeback show with AILD 2022, would be pretty cool ;)

312098_179997038826347_1471473257_n.jpg
lol @ seeing this on FB

The idea that 4 dudes should quit their jobs b/c their biz parter goes to jail is retarded to me. Whatever fallout there is with the die hard fans is completely mitigated by the fact that far more people know the name "As I Lay Dying" than know the name "Lambesis" (setting aside murder plot news). Even those that do will probably continue buying albums and show tickets in the short term. The name all those guys built together has far more value than the same dudes in a band with another name. Maybe AILD won't have the same staying power with a new singer but it makes a lot more sense than hitting the reset button as a "featuring members of" band.

I agree, I dont see lambesis irreplaceable, he doesnt has any unique feature, just another metalcore singer. He is not some Christian Älvestam and even Christian was replaced.

Simple, off-the-cuff reaction that I had was this:

If I were in their shoes, I'd rather start something under a new name/branding than continue with AILD just because of the stigma that will follow them after this. Like it or not, and no matter what happens, the media will follow them from here on out as "the metal band who's singer tried to have his wife killed."

Simple, off-the-cuff reaction that I had was this:

If I were in their shoes, I'd rather start something under a new name/branding than continue with AILD just because of the stigma that will follow them after this. Like it or not, and no matter what happens, the media will follow them from here on out as "the metal band who's singer tried to have his wife killed."

What he said:
^ There is no such thing as bad publicity

Who wouldn't be curious and go to the concert of the metal band whose singer tried to have his wife killed?