As I Lay Dying?

What would you class Converge as? some people say they're hardcore, some people saying they're metalcore.... I personally love them, if you're thinking of saying "i class them as shit" then fuck off, im interested in hearing from their fans

What? How did you get that out of what he said? He is right in every aspect. He states fact. They ARE a generic, Swedish Melodeath-esque, Metalcore band. And quite simply, they suck.

HardSide said:
ah another "metal" fan that wont listen to a band/song because of the genre its in.

*golf clap*

Hahahahaha, I love when people do this kind of thing, and just assume out of practically nowhere that the comment they are replying to was based purely off the fact that the author of that comment "hates a certain genre". Grow the fuck up.

i liked as i lay dying when they were Visceral Evisceration...theyre just meh now, much better metalcore out there(the red chord, dillinger escape plan, the end, glass casket)

glass casket is probably the most brutal metalcore ive heard, some of their stuff borders along the lines between death and grind

stonethecrow said:
frail words collapse sucks, what a waste of ten bucks..
Exactly what I think everytime I go to a metal show... except its 20 bucks. I pay 10 and have fun and see a core show. At least the cd wasn't over-priced like every metal show/cd. THeres ntohing terribly original about this band. They just encompass everything good about the specific style. They put ona great show. Black Dahlia was horrible live.

its funny that core kids are taking up for them and calling them metal when even they admit that they only put the breakdowns in there because they know itll help them get bigger. they think its funny, and i would wager that a good portion of your breakdown humping favorite bands do the same.

I guess it's when a generally complex song slows down, and a simple grinding dirge-like riff comes in to offset the listener before a solo or the end of a song.

In a live setting, it's where the music quiets down and the singer says,

"I WANT TO SEE THIS FUCKING PLACE BECOME A FUCKING WAR ZONE RIGHT NOW!"

~or~

"EVERYBODY BETTER GO FUCKING INSANE RIGHT NOW, I MEAN EVERYBODY!"

and all hell breaks loose in the pits.

hahaha, mosh calls are the ultimate form of entertainment.

ALRIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS I WANNA SEE YOU TURN THIS PLACE INTO A PARKING LOT!

STEP UP TO GET YOUR REP UP MOTHERFUCKERS!

I WANNA SEE SOME BROKEN NOSES MOTHERFUCKERS!

just say something about hurting each other and use the word motherfucker, you too can make up your own mosh call.

Speaking of breakdowns, I still think Full Blown Chaos have some of the best. They are done just the way they should be. For an example, download this song (Full Blown Chaos - Blood Flow): http://www.stillbornrecords.com/music/fbc.mp3

About 1:13 in, there is a breakdown. Oh, but it gets even better. 2:49 into the song, there is another breakdown, and it finishes off the song. Fucking perfect. It gets me every time. That's not even their best breakdown, but that is the only song I could find for download off of the internet (...and I don't have a host either, so I can't host songs).

Mosh calls own as well!