"As I Lie Here Bleeding" Live

Karma In Black

A Blessing In Disguise
Apr 29, 2004
Chicago
www.fourteeng.net
I am VERY happy to see that the guys decided to play this song live on the Night To Remember CD even though Tom claimed that they would never play this song live. Happy to see never turned out to be a short amount of time.

The new CD ROCKS!:headbang:

I, too, was happy to see that track on the album. One I think I missed was "The Great Deceiver"--how come they don't do this song live? It's such a sweet song.

They have done The Great Deceiver live. It was on some radio broadcast in Sweden I think. Its floating around the internet if you want to hear it. With so many albums full of killer material there will always have to be some great songs left out of live shows.

Why did Tom say he would never play it live? AILHB is one of my favorite songs from EG and hearing a slightly different sound to it was great. I love both versions.

One song I wished they played live was Dark Waters. Tell me that's one that should have been in there????

sknight said:
Why did Tom say he would never play it live? AILHB is one of my favorite songs from EG and hearing a slightly different sound to it was great. I love both versions.

One song I wished they played live was Dark Waters. Tell me that's one that should have been in there????

When I talked to Tom last year (in my interview), he stated that they wouldn't do AILHB because the song was difficult to replicate live. I am SOOO happy they found a way around that. I love "Dark Waters" as well and since they did dig deep in their catalogue, they should have added this song.

I would have loved it if "Faith Restored" made it on there. But I then again I should just be happy with "Every Tear That Falls".

I think hearing those keys at the beginning of Dark Waters would have turned the place upside down. I'm imagining it: some unrelated intro that leads into the echoing keys. That would be amazing.

I'm still wanting an acoustic live album, possibly from their 2003 acoustic tour. I'd love to hear all those songs and how they transcribed into the acoustic format. EG does acoustic really well and it's still interesting and classy.

sknight said:
I think hearing those keys at the beginning of Dark Waters would have turned the place upside down. I'm imagining it: some unrelated intro that leads into the echoing keys. That would be amazing.

I'm still wanting an acoustic live album, possibly from their 2003 acoustic tour. I'd love to hear all those songs and how they transcribed into the acoustic format. EG does acoustic really well and it's still interesting and classy.

The intro to "Dark Waters" Would have turned Göteborg out!! An acoustic album...oh cut it out...just the thought of it!o_O :yow: :D

If you use file sharing programs like direct connect you can find the live recording...i think file sharing is the only way you can get ahold of that particular live show since it was on the radio. the great deceiver is the last song they do in the set i think

In my opinion one of evergrey`s most effective song and a perfect live song,though I understand why they didnt wanna play it live as it is a difficult song.But they did it anyway:p :headbang: