Asgeir Mickelson

lordcthulhu

You Are Bewitched!
Sep 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
www.last.fm
Anyone here a fan of Asgeir Mickelson's clean blast beat sound?

In a thread I started a while back on the Borknagar forum (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/borknagar/389455-gear-freak-question-asgeir.html)
Asgeir told me he used a piccolo snare on Empiricism and a Yamaha Anton Fig signature snare since. The latter snare is PURE GOLD, I wonder if it'll ever be sampled :/

Any other killer non-Sneap drum kits you guys have heard recently? Pagan's Mind is pretty drawjopping, especially the kick and toms...

I love Empiricism so much, one of my favorite albums - his cymbal work, especially in the choruses of "The Genuine Pulse" (he loves those crazy sextuplet fills all over the cymbals/drums) is just so cool. Haven't heard anything else he's done, I should check out Pagan's Mind...

Yeah, his cymbals always cut so good in the mix. I'm a HUGE fan of fills on the ride cymbal/bell, as Asgeir often does, as does Nick Barker does on Dimmu's Death Cult Armageddon and the Pagan's Mind drummer. For other awesome Asgeir stuff, check out the two Ihsahn albums, Scariot's "Momentum Shift" and the Vintersorg albums "The Focusing Blur" and "Visions from the Spiral Generator". Pity he left Borknagar though.

I love Empiricism so much, one of my favorite albums - his cymbal work, especially in the choruses of "The Genuine Pulse" (he loves those crazy sextuplet fills all over the cymbals/drums) is just so cool. Haven't heard anything else he's done, I should check out Pagan's Mind...

FINALLY someone who can say sextuplet and not giggle.

Haven't checked out that album yet, but I sure will next chance I get.

Not a fan of his drumming. Too much "dilly dally".

Not a fan of his drumsound either. Too thin. Sounds like "paper".