Ashes Divide

I really enjoyed it, Billy did an excellent job. Sure, it's not A Perfect Circle, but it's every bit as good. So far, this is my favorite album of 2008.

Favorite Songs: Too Late, Forever Can Be

I got this recently, and have found it to be rather good. It has been more enjoyable with repeated listens, too. I figured that it would be worth checking out, as Billy Howardel's work elsewhere has been great. Also, it's significantly different than A Perfect Circle, though there are some similarities.

haha I was sure it was Maynard. I'm not too educated on the Tool/APC etc. band members

You're not the first to hear Maynard on this album. I huge tool fan friend of mine (all tool fans are HUGE fans) still thinks Maynard is joining in and singing on this album here and there..he's so sure he's been crawling the net for well..too long probably trying to find evidence of this. So far none...heh.

I thought it was Maynard singing on this album the first time I heard it too though. Of course I was laughed at and humiliated for it...but then again, I listen to Katatonia, not Tool or APC..silly bands.. (just kidding..yes, all who felt their pulse increase above 100 should...take a deep breath..and probably be very proud of the fact that you could feel your pulse beat that accurate.)

Buy your friend some hearing aids.

Nah...it's more of a psychological thing I presume..
I'm guessing he's just sad cause the last Tool album didn't live up to his expecations and loving Maynard as much as he does..I guess he needs him to play some part in this. Oh well, speculation speculation...

Nah...it's more of a psychological thing I presume..
I'm guessing he's just sad cause the last Tool album didn't live up to his expecations and loving Maynard as much as he does..I guess he needs him to play some part in this. Oh well, speculation speculation...

Well then buy him a psychiatrist. :lol:

Chocolate also works to some degree...might try that ..even cheaper...heh.

Ok, I'll go to sleep now...

Just picked this up earlier tonight and after listening to the first few songs I thought, "Hey, where have I heard this before?"

IMO it sounds just like 30 Seconds To Mars...and I don't think that's a bad thing. I know a lot of people don't think highly of 30 Secs but I actually like them. Billy's vocals sound quite similar to Jared's (Jared screams a bit) and the overall musical sound is similar. The later songs don't follow suit exactly but they have a small resemblance.

Funny thing is "The Stone", the first release off the album, doesn't sound like 30 Secs...but many others do.

Anywho I gotta give Ad a few more listens. In the meantime if you are diggin them then you should surely check out 30 Seconds To Mars.

I should be paid for this plug. :lol: