Asian death toll at 11,000 and rising.

for God's sake can't you two stop bickering like two schoolchildren, think of the enormity of this poor creature's broken hip!
pe_ne_003.jpg

This is certainly catastrophic, I wonder how much higher that number will climb. I was thinking the 100,000 estimate was a big overshot, but it keeps getting higher...

Where will this rank in the world's biggest disasters I wonder?

The local news networks have been focusing on California's STORM OF THE CENTURY for over a week now, it rained for almost 10 hours straight the other day!

"With all the news on TV lately about the sub zero weather and snow that
the east coast and upstate NY areas are experiencing, we shouldn't
forget that Southern California has it's share of devastating weather
also. I've attached a photo illustrating the excessive damage caused to
a home from a west coast storm that passed through the San Diego area a
couple of days ago. It really makes you cherish what you have, and
reminds us not to take life for granted!!!"

Damage.jpg

I love that email, one of my all time favorites. And seriously, people are FREAKING OUT about this storm system, even though the only damage so far has been done to Sedona, Arizona with some hefty flooding. Funny how usually west coast disasters strike the rich communities, like Malibu. Makes me want to start going to church... sorta. :Spin:

So is Doctors w/o Borders the Real Deal Holyfield?

One of my clients is this Buddhist Vihara here in NY. Just spoke with them last night and saw them interviewed on CBS. Dateline and CNN was at their vihara last night doing lead stories on the local relief efforts. They are getting more donations than they can handle.

Word from them and out of Sri Lanka, is that besides the massive amounts of dead people, there will be close to 2 Million people homeless in Sri Lanka alone

Ah, Sri Lanka, virtual paradise with 95% literacy rate, always on the brink of madness due to constant civil war.

lizard that chick is way fucking hot man, if there's a Save the Supermodel fund I'll donate $$$$$$ to it. :tickled:

Nordic tourist death toll climbs

Scandinavian countries fear hundreds of their citizens died in Thailand as hopes fade for more than 6,000 people still missing after the tsunami there.

The Swedish death toll could be more than 1,000, Sweden's Prime Minister Goran Persson said on Thursday.

At least half of those missing are Western tourists - many of them from the Nordic countries and Germany.

The missing include some 1,500 Swedes, 1,000 Germans, 600 Italians, 464 Norwegians, 219 Danes and 200 Finns.

The victims were at resorts along Thailand's south-western coast and on outlying islands, with Phuket and Khao Lak especially hard hit by the devastating waves.
Sweden's prime minister said 44 Swedes had been confirmed dead so far.

"It's clear to everyone that the final death toll will be in the hundreds. In the worst case, it could exceed 1,000," Mr Persson told reporters in Stockholm.

Germany's Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder told citizens to expect the German death toll to rise "well into the three-figure range". Officially Germany has confirmed 33 dead so far.

French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier said several hundred French were also unaccounted for. France has confirmed at least 22 of its nationals died.

The UK government has confirmed 27 British dead.

European countries have pledged millions of dollars in aid and planes carrying experts and supplies have been flown to the region.

Among the nations donating money are Spain, sending 50m euros ($68m or £35m), and the UK, sending 21m euros ($29m or £21m).

(Meanwhile that fucker Bush thought he could get away with a token 15 million - he is the most embarassing president EVAR)

Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova Petra Nemcova