ASIO Drivers ?

Sounds like your computer can't keep up with the sound card. I had the same prob. once i got a real sound interface. I upgraded my mobo+ processor and maxed out the ram.

He wrote that it crackles even without a audio application running. This cannot be caused by a slow computer. The problem you describe happens in DAW's if you set your latency lower than your pc can handle or if you use more plugins than it can handle at the same time.

SO FOR EVERYONE

NEVER . . . BUT NEVER . .BUT NEVER BUY A GODDAMN AUDIGY 2 GODDAMN CRAP

It is not a great card for recording but it is definately a very solid product with stable drivers. If you want a good soundcard for gaming/dvds/etc. it still is one of the best choices....if it is dead it's just bad luck....
I doubt it though. I guess you configured something wrong or have interrupt conflicts between the Audigy and other devices. Give it it's own unshared IRQ....

I can't tell what it is you're running in that movie, but it looks like about 8 different program windows are open. WinXP is notorious for background processes, even more if you got your comp from a dealer like dell or hewlett packard. If that's your main recording machine, try and make a new user on the computer just for recording things, and go through the registry and remove all the worthless startup items and background processes. That should help out I think...

EDIT: It's also a bit dangerous, but if you feel brave, CTRL-ALT-DEL and give the program that's running the audio driver a better thread priority, that way the CPU will give more love to the important things...

grimace said:
I can't tell what it is you're running in that movie, but it looks like about 8 different program windows are open. WinXP is notorious for background processes, even more if you got your comp from a dealer like dell or hewlett packard. If that's your main recording machine, try and make a new user on the computer just for recording things, and go through the registry and remove all the worthless startup items and background processes. That should help out I think...

EDIT: It's also a bit dangerous, but if you feel brave, CTRL-ALT-DEL and give the program that's running the audio driver a better thread priority, that way the CPU will give more love to the important things...
This sounds like a good idea... I think I'm gonna do this just for the hell of it.