ASIO4all Vs. Regular ASIO drivers?

DaveBlack

Apr 7, 2009
I have a choice whether to use ASIO4all or the ASIO drivers that came with my interface that I got a few years back. Is there any difference? Is one better than the other?

I appreciate the replys. When you say better results, you mean as far as what? Latency, sound quality?

ASIO4ALL was designed to get around issues with lower-end or multiple interfaces. If your interface has it's own ASIO driver then you'd generally be advised to use that.
This
I appreciate the replys. When you say better results, you mean as far as what? Latency, sound quality?

Better results = lower latency without dropouts & no crashing.

ASIO4ALL is better than a WDM driver for an internal soundcard, but if you have an audio interface of decent quality the drivers from the manufacturer will be better.

ASIO4ALL was essential about 5 years ago. Now it's often the more buggy option.

more stable. I use it because the ASIO drivers that came with my card can't handle VST instruments without pops and crackles, and whole program and sometime the entire computer crashes and to include massive glitches, lockups, you name it. Since I got the ASIO4ALL I noticed a much better stability, while it is still buggy, ASIO drivers that work > ASIO drivers that rarely work.

awesome thank you for the clarification. I wanted to know what to look for to asess what was the better option.