Astoria

FUCK YEAH!

2ii7ixi.jpg

Does the 'Spinefarm Records UK Launch Event' mean it's the launch of the new album?

It refers to Spinefarm Records' launch in the UK. This is from their website, last year:

Spinefarm Records launches in the UK this Autumn!

FINLAND’S PREMIER ROCK LABEL LINES UP FIRST RELEASES IN THE UNITED KINGDOM FOR OCT/NOV 07, INCLUDING THE DEBUT ALBUM FROM TARJA TURUNEN…

SPINEFARM RECORDS will be officially launching into the UK market this Autumn, as a way of giving added push & profile to the label’s impressive – and ever-growing roster – of hard rock talent.

Since starting up in Helsinki back in 1990, Spinefarm has concentrated on developing the darker, more dramatic side of Finnish music for both the domestic and the international markets, scoring major successes with acts such as Nightwish, Children Of Bodom & Sonata Arctica.

With Finnish music now exerting a serious influence on the hard rock/ heavy metal scene per se, it was really only a matter of time before Spinefarm (now in full partnership with Universal) made a more concerted assault on UK shores…

Well, that time has come, and with a roster that also includes Ensiferum, Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Reverend Bizarre, End Of You, Brother Firetribe (featuring Nightwish guitarist Emppu Vuorinen) and more, the label finds itself perfectly placed to retain its underground kudos, whilst at the same time using the international clout of Universal to spread its reputation and further develop its roster.

A special launch show to celebrate & reaffirm Spinefarm’s UK ambitions is currently being lined up for early next year (i.e. CoB etc at the Astoria, 8/3/08)

A dedicated UK website/Myspace page is currently being set up for Spinefarm Records UK; in the meantime, further info can be found at www.spinefarm.fi & www.myspace.com/spinefarm

A special launch show to celebrate & reaffirm Spinefarm’s UK ambitions is currently being lined up for early next year (i.e. CoB etc at the Astoria, 8/3/08)

Ahh I seee, thank you :)

I didn't realise Tie My Rope wasn't a single, thank you Warheart.

hi sorry if this has been asked already cos i didnt read the whole thread, but are there gonna be wristbands for the signing? if so what time will they be given out?

@ theRover: I've heard you will need a wristband; don't know what time they'll give them out

@ Twiz and Loz: I'm not trying to shaft COB fans and make money out of a spare ticket, just thought I'd try and help someone here
who doesn't have a ticket (the third person going with me has had to pull out and so I have a ticket to spare). The price is what I paid
for it: £22 (including booking fee)

I have a photo pass for the gig and for the signing, Ive spoken to Zavvi and they said you guys WONT need a wrist band. And just show up by 4pm?

I might ring up and double check that with the manager.

@ Gilly: Ive spoken to Zavvi and they said you guys WONT need a wrist band. And just show up by 4pm

That's odd, because I rang Zavvi on Saturday and was told wristbands would be required

@ Gilly: Ive spoken to Zavvi and they said you guys WONT need a wrist band. And just show up by 4pm

That's odd, because I rang Zavvi on Saturday and was told wristbands would be required

exactly why i said im gonna call them again....

the girl i spoke to didnt sound like she was sure...and i know the manager anyway so i'll give them a a call :)