At One With The Earth

Strangelight

steak(knife) no more
Jul 3, 2002
www.strangelight-records.com
Whats the verdict on this classic track?

The intense grasp deaths stranglehold has over me
confines me to my own personal agony
Set me free, let me go
Release the chilling grasp with which it clutches me

The earth issues it's extreme unction
as I realise my punishment for sin
Enguifed by death for all eternity
In my bones I no longer feel the cold
as the mire unbosoms it's secrets to me

Ubiquitous fetidness, death is everywhere
My God, unshackle me

My suffering grows with increase of my guilt
Destroy devotion. Be at one with the earth
I sink down into the clammy soil
At one with the earth

i remember hearing a death metal song and thinking i could write one so i went upstairs and an hour later had at one with the earth... add to that daz's top lyrics and jay's backing vocals, with double bass drumming from john (first time we'd done that properly) and you end up with a classic bit of underground brutality...
:headbang:

pagan2002 said:
i remember hearing a death metal song and thinking i could write one so i went upstairs and an hour later had at one with the earth... add to that daz's top lyrics and jay's backing vocals, with double bass drumming from john (first time we'd done that properly) and you end up with a classic bit of underground brutality...
:headbang:
Wouldn't you like to make a extreme metal project?
It could be interesting to go further in the vein of songs like "Pulled under.." or "Panic", but more extreme and still melodic no?
The good old time!!!:Shedevil: :headbang:

french_anatheman said:
Wouldn't you like to make a extreme metal project?
It could be interesting to go further in the vein of songs like "Pulled under.." or "Panic", but more extreme and still melodic no?
The good old time!!!:Shedevil: :headbang:

By the way, i don't see why they should go back to the "good old time". For me the good time is today, actually since Eternity ! And it's going always better.
Panic and Pulled under are excellent, you're right. I feel like Anathema will never go back to a doom sound, and they're really right. It doesn't mean I don't think they won't be "agressive" anymore, but maybe more in a "hardcore" way, instead of metal. Well, i say that because Pulled Under & Panic make me think more of At The Drive In rather than My Dying Bride. Anyway, whatever they choose, it will fuckin' rock !!! :headbang:

Yumboldt said:
By the way, i don't see why they should go back to the "good old time". For me the good time is today, actually since Eternity ! And it's going always better.
Panic and Pulled under are excellent, you're right. I feel like Anathema will never go back to a doom sound, and they're really right. It doesn't mean I don't think they won't be "agressive" anymore, but maybe more in a "hardcore" way, instead of metal. Well, i say that because Pulled Under & Panic make me think more of At The Drive In rather than My Dying Bride. Anyway, whatever they choose, it will fuckin' rock !!! :headbang:
It's cos they're plazzies now. They traded in their Xentrix backpatches for Mogwai y-fronts. Cronos is best! and The Lord Of Mortal Pestilence