"At The Gates" Rule!

Why is At The Gates in quotation marks?

To Arch: I have absolutely no idea. I find it looks nice.

To Onyx: Because there is no At The Gates forum. I felt here a good place to post one of my random *spam thoughts.

Cheers!

KINGDOM FUCKING GONE!!!!

Plus ATG influenced a lot of the Gothenburg bands, especially In Flames, take notes noobs. Listen to the godfathers of swedish death!

To metal17: "Yeah", I think "it" also looks "nice".

I THINK SHADOWS FALL, KILLSWITCH, LAMB OF GOD, GOD FORBID are some of the best metal bands to come from AMERICA in a long time. NEVERMORE AND ICED EARTH ARE FROM AMERICA BUT THEY HAVE ALL BEEN OUT SINCE THE EARLY NINETIES.

SORRY I THOUGHT I HIT THE EDIT BUTTON MY FAULT GUYS!!!!

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
I THINK SHADOWS FALL, KILLSWITCH, LAMB OF GOD, GOD FORBID are some of the best metal bands to come from AMERICA in a long time. NEVERMORE AND ICED EARTH ARE FROM AMERICA BUT THEY HAVE ALL BEEN OUT SINCE THE EARLY NINETIES. OH YEAH AND THOMAS LINDBERG FOR FUCKING EVER. HIS VOCAL STYLE IS MY FAVORITE AND I PRAISE HIM FOR IT. HE WAS THE FIRST I HEARD AND STILL MY FAVORITE IN THE GENRE.

whyyyyyyyyy do you type in caps all the time? hahaha

i dunno..metalcore will never be real metal to me

but we'll save that for a different thread ;)

I HAVE A REALLY BAD HABIT OF HOLDING THE SHIFT KEY DOWN. I MEAN REALLY BAD HABIT. THERES JUST NOT MUCH OUT THERE I GUESS TO MAKE ANYONE HAPPY. YOU EITHER HAVE THE AMERICAN METALCORE SCENE , THE SWEDISH MELODIC DEATH SCENE, THE BLACK METAL SCENE, OR WHATS LEFT OF THE OLD 80's THRASH SCENE. EVERYTHING ELSE IS PROCESSED RADIO SHIT.

umm you forgot power metal which kicks major ass and also the brutal death/gore metal scene and then the technical death metal scene..the gothic metal..the doom metal..the prog metal..the viking metal..the folk metal

you didnt really think those were the only good genres did you?? (the ones you listed i mean)

NONONONONONO MY BAD. I LOVE POWER METAL. IVE BEEN AN AVID POWER FAN FOR YEARS. BUt I meant that similar vocal style like the melodic death screech thing. Im not a big gor/ grind fan. It bores me. VIKING METAL ROCKS THOUGH. BOrknagar and Amon AMarth and old school bathory are my fav in that department. I dont know the underground of VIKING metal though, Its hard to really find much in NEW MEXICO. COuld you tell me some good bands?

RUNNING WILD, HELLOWEEN, GAMMA RAY, HAMMERFALL, and BLIND GUARDIAN are my fav power bands. I know theres a shitload more but those are just the ones I listen to the most. Funny all those bands accept two have included KAI HANSEN somewhere in there.

viking metal....

Amon Amarth
Dodheimsgard
Falkenbach
Manesgarm
Mithotyn
Moonsorrow

power metal is great:

Sonata Arctica
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Dragonforce
Dragonland
Edguy
Lost Horizon
Demons and Wizards

i cant think of any more right now

[i Actually Like Mithotyn But Can Never Find Their Cds. Also Lost Horizon, Dragonforce And Amon Amarth Rock Ass. Has Demons And Wizards Released Anything Else Besides That One Cd. I Guess John And Hansi Are To Busy Doing Their Other Stuff.