Porcelain Heart & The Grand Conjuration

TEDIUM

May 14, 2008
Mankato, MN
Is it just me or does anybody else think that when Porcelain Heart gets to the "Ahhh Ahhh Ahhh" part, the guitar sounds exactly like the main riff to The Grand Conjuration?

I also noticed the dissonant breakdown in Lotus Eater sounds alot like a part in A Fair Judgement, can't remember where though.

anyone noticed the soft solo in porcelin heart sounds almost the same as the one in hours of wealth(and arriving somewhere but not here by porcupine tree too hahaha, for those of you who know about that)

It sounds close. With my grand dislike for Grand Conjuration, this makes Porcelain Heart my least favorite Watershed song. Except for the mellow creepy lullaby thing at about 5 minutes in. That part is awesome.

the two riffs in question may have similar note structures, but the chord progressions are way different. the notion that it's "the same riff" is silly, i feel, as opeth never does the same thing twice.

ok, my bad. whatever. btw, what is requiem of lost souls, i don't think i've ever heard that. and i thought poise into celeano was just like a demo track or something which developed into what became advent?

i just wanted to point out that it's not exactly the same riff cause of the different chord progressions. but if you're just looking at the note structures themselves then yes, it is pretty much the same. i'm sorry. just wanted to try to say something semi-relevant or something

Fuckin fuckers, they duped us all the time! Love of my live turned out a bunch of ripp-riffs! What a shame...

Right now I can hear that "Deliverance" coda is totally ripped off of "Breaking the Law"! Cheapy bastards!

I noticed a few parts on the album which remind me of parts on their previous albums, all if not most. I can't think which parts right now but it's probably why I described it to others that it's Mike's past creations rolled into one. I'd probably put that into better words but I've had a bit to drink and you get my drift.