At2020 vs. Nt5 for overheads.

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
I have to make the choice between the Rode Nt5 and the Audio Technica At2020.

The thing is i can also use the AT2020 for vox/bass etc.. but maybe nt5's are better on overheads..

If anyone can help me make a choice that would be much apreciated:)

mvg,

JB!

+1 for SP C4's

I have a pair here that belong to a drummer friend of mine, and I think they are the most natural sounding SDCs under $500... and they're well under $500 at that.

But some days, for some things I put up a mono LDC overhead, so tit for tat.

I have to make the choice between the Rode Nt5 and the Audio Technica At2020.

The thing is i can also use the AT2020 for vox/bass etc.. but maybe nt5's are better on overheads..

If anyone can help me make a choice that would be much apreciated:)

mvg,

JB!

at 2020s work fine. i use them myself and they yield good sounding cymbals. i prefer ldcs over sdcs a lot of the time though. i would prefer a pair of at 4040s for overheads though. you can good results with either the 2020s or the nt5s if they are recording good sounding cymbals and a drummer who can play. you are correct that the 2020 is usable for vocals(especially heavy vox and screaming). i havent tried it on bass though. you can get the at 4041 project packs(2020 and 2021ldc) for 110.00 at most places. the 2021 is good on rides, chinas and hats. thats four mics for 220.00 and they are worth it. check them out. the m-audio pulsar? their new sdc is supposedly pretty good for around 400.00 a pair. i want to check out those and some oktavas next for sdcs. good luck.