ATHEIST COMPLETES LINEUP FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Reunited technical metal pioneers ATHEIST have just confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007 as the Saturday night headliners. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL (located just outside Chicago).

According to the band, this will be ATHEIST's final performance ever in the midwest United States before the band is put to rest for good. The band's featured lineup will include members Kelly Shaefer (vocals), Steve Flynn (drums), Tony Choy (bass), Chris Baker (guitar), and guitarist Sonny Carson (who will be playing Shaefer's guitar role due to Shaefer's long-running battles with tendonitis and carpal tunnel). If you live in the Midwest, you do not want to miss this show!

Final Powerfest lineup:

Friday:

LETHAL (co-headliner)
SOLITUDE AETURNUS (co-headliner)
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
SUSPYRE

Saturday:

ATHEIST
MARTYR
SATURNUS
NOVEMBERS DOOM
THURISAZ

Tickets for the fest are on sale now via all Ticketmaster outlets, and will also be made available at various Chicago area locations (The Colliseum, Threshold Music, Discount Records, Metal Haven & Impulse Music) within the next couple weeks on a "cash only" basis. Chicago Powerfest will be an all-ages event, and advance ticket prices are $18 per day or $30 for 2-day pass.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

Every band on the bill are solid acts, trust me. Atheist and Martyr play very technical metal, Thurisaz lean towards the doom/death/black metal hybrid, Saturnus are doom/death, and ND are some Opeth/My Dying Bride clones apparently LOFL ;)

Novembers Doom? Solitude Aeternus? Lethal? Atheist? Saturnus? Shatter Messiah?

Anyone knows how does it cost a flight from Madrid to Chicago?

Amazing line up. From all of them I´ve only seen two times ND and Saturnus during their european tour. What a pity you´ll play with an ocean between us!!!

Yeah man i think u just talked me into it. Seen u guys at lot 4 and it was a great show. Pearl room is a great venue. Last time i seen enslaved there and it was amazing. Lookin forward to the show

Maybe it's because my family comes from a city that has gone from major seaport to crackden or I live one street over from a methlab but shitty neighborhoods have yet to stop me from going to a show. Hell, my local CVS ******** stays open until at least 10 and the one near Massachusetts' premier Metal venue closes at 3 PM. Then there's always The Webster in Hartford, CT. Walked around there and got shit from the car despite the crackhouse across the street. Mind you... I take some basic precautions.
1) Bring a buddy. Even if there isn't safety in numbers, it helps provide an early warning system so you can run and hide a few seconds sooner.
2) Avoid driving anything flashy. If I went back to Hartford and the brakes on my '97 Crown Vic were intact, fuck my '07's 30 MPG.
3) Use earplugs so you can hear trouble coming from behind.
4) Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins too. Barring that, be out of shape with a limp but really large.

I currently live in a drug infested area now. Last year I woke to the sound of gunshots and the next day discovered a local dealer was murdered. :err:

Otherwise, I've lived and worked in Canada, Asia and the USA. So, if I haven't been to a place, it's good to know the social environment. :Smug:

want us to hold your hand? ;)

just kidding hahaha. even if it isn't, take cabs *shrugs*

ND are some Opeth/My Dying Bride clones apparently LOFL ;)

Don't lie to the guy.
Novembers Doom started out as a death / doom band.
In the late 90's, attempting to ride the wave of commercial pop-punk, they took on a new Blink 182 type approach. Most songs now are short-attention span quick pop-punk gems, which clock in at just shy of 3 minutes each.

If you liked Dookie, Enema of the State, or the first Weezer, you will love The Novella Reservoir!

Jasonic, it sounds like you basically took the description for Pyogenesis and applied it to us, because that is exactly what happened to them!

And, I still like them alot, I enjoy their pop/punk direction as well as their earlier metal stuff :)

So, to comment on the topic of this thread.....I wanna say that I'm pretty jazzed about this show and I think it's a great lineup. I really hope people are smart enough to come see it, because every band is fucking solid. Yes that includes us, damn it lol