ATHEIST COMPLETES LINEUP FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Reunited technical metal pioneers ATHEIST have just confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007 as the Saturday night headliners. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL (located just outside Chicago).

According to the band, this will be ATHEIST's final performance ever in the midwest United States before the band is put to rest for good. The band's featured lineup will include members Kelly Shaefer (vocals), Steve Flynn (drums), Tony Choy (bass), Chris Baker (guitar), and guitarist Sonny Carson (who will be playing Shaefer's guitar role due to Shaefer's long-running battles with tendonitis and carpal tunnel). If you live in the Midwest, you do not want to miss this show!

Final Powerfest lineup:

Friday:

LETHAL (co-headliner)
SOLITUDE AETURNUS (co-headliner)
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
SUSPYRE

Saturday:

ATHEIST
MARTYR
SATURNUS
NOVEMBERS DOOM
THURISAZ

Tickets for the fest are on sale now via all Ticketmaster outlets, and will also be made available at various Chicago area locations (The Colliseum, Threshold Music, Discount Records, Metal Haven & Impulse Music) within the next couple weeks on a "cash only" basis. Chicago Powerfest will be an all-ages event, and advance ticket prices are $18 per day or $30 for 2-day pass.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

I'm not going, Dark One and Zod will be going though!

I'll hopefully be seeing Novembers Doom, Saturnus, and Thurisaz (and Gwynbleidd) in NYC.

EricT and Zod, where are you staying?
Actually, I may be out. When I get back to work on Monday, I'm going to re-evaluate. My initial motivation for going was Novembers Doom, and the hope that the line up would only get stronger. However, two things have happened; the line up has worsened and Novembers Doom (and two other Powerfest bands) will be in NYC three days after the fest. Given everything else we have going on this year, I'm leaning towards bailing.

Zod

Actually, I may be out. When I get back to work on Monday, I'm going to re-evaluate. My initial motivation for going was Novembers Doom, and the hope that the line up would only get stronger. However, two things have happened; the line up has worsened and Novembers Doom (and two other Powerfest bands) will be in NYC three days after the fest. Given everything else we have going on this year, I'm leaning towards bailing.

Zod

That sucks dude...I was looking forward to finally meeting you. :(

I'm sure we'll both get there in the near future Rob. I like the vibe of the bands, I just wasn't really into any of them save for ND and Shatter Messiah. I have a feeling the lineup will be strong for both of us in the future at some point if it keeps going.

Best of luck with everything! :kickass:

Jason

Swizzleynuts, if you need a place to stay in I just booked a room at the Super 8 right across from the venue. Only 1 king size bed... and 2 other people staying with me as of right now.

Came out to $187, I'm too lazy to do the actual math but i think its around 45 a person.

Offer is available for other people too... the more people the less money it costs everyone!

Zod

wow, so the fact that Gwynbleidd will play the show in NYC swayed your willingness to travel to the Chicago fest? :heh:

arghhh.. power....corrupting....:loco:

Swizzleynuts, if you need a place to stay in I just booked a room at the Super 8 right across from the venue. Only 1 king size bed... and 2 other people staying with me as of right now.

Came out to $187, I'm too lazy to do the actual math but i think its around 45 a person.

Offer is available for other people too... the more people the less money it costs everyone!

Cool, I'll stay at that one. I have two people with me so we'll have our own room.

FRANK! you coming?

How did you order your tickets Eric? I don't want to pay the 7.50 convience charge.