Atlanta hotels featured in News story dealing with bad housekeeping.

mloanna

Sep 18, 2006
Los Angeles
O.k. I flipping through the t.v. last night and on the local station Channel 13 here in L.A. there was a story about the Bad Housekeeping going on in Major hotels, well the city they featured was ATLANTA. Yes, home to our beloved ProgPower.

One hotel was the Radison. Put it this way, DO NOT EVER USE THE GLASSES LEFT IN THE ROOMS BY ANY HOTEL. The news feature showed how the maids either just ran water over the glasses, then dried them with used towels left by the person staying in the room or they used the same rubber glove that was used to was the toilet to wash out the glasses. UGHH.

If this is happening in Atlanta, I am sure it happening all over in every hotel across America and beyond.

Do a google search with the words "Dirty Housekeeping at hotels in Atlanta" and a list of sites regarding the problem comes up.

This does not seem to be an issue with the Residence Inn. At that hotel, the housekeepers will run the dishwasher on a full cycle to clean one glass. Seriously. I find this ironic when they have cards on the beds touting their water conservation efforts, so that they only change linens every 3 days unless you request otherwise. The dishwasher in my room got run every day, no matter what - for just one glass and a dirty coffee pot, or one plate and a glass.

Ugh.

Ken

And we all thought the ProgPower flu had something to do with 1,500 international peeps cramped into one room for 3 days while not eating well, not sleeping well, and too much drinking, smoking, and yelling... and apparently now we need to include "using toilet glasses" to the list of culprits. :Smug: :zombie: :ill: :guh:

The station that performed that investigation was a local station, so they used hotels in Alpharetta, Norcross and Marietta (but they were chain hotels). All those hotels have been served by the quality control manager for the state. :)

O.k. I flipping through the t.v. last night and on the local station Channel 13 here in L.A. there was a story about the Bad Housekeeping going on in Major hotels, well the city they featured was ATLANTA. Yes, home to our beloved ProgPower.

One hotel was the Radison. Put it this way, DO NOT EVER USE THE GLASSES LEFT IN THE ROOMS BY ANY HOTEL. The news feature showed how the maids either just ran water over the glasses, then dried them with used towels left by the person staying in the room or they used the same rubber glove that was used to was the toilet to wash out the glasses. UGHH.

If this is happening in Atlanta, I am sure it happening all over in every hotel across America and beyond.

Do a google search with the words "Dirty Housekeeping at hotels in Atlanta" and a list of sites regarding the problem comes up.

I almost vomitted blood:puke: when I read this! & I have OCD about germs as it is, but ANYONE OCD or not (I would hope) would be disgusted beyond words about this! The Health Department should go in there & kick some ass & should investigate ALL hotels/motels for this! & restaurants too while they're at it! They should have random unnanounced inspections 3-4 times per month! Did they have a hidden camera? How did they know this for sure nayway? Just curious!

I think it's due to the fact that most people in this country do not want these jobs for obvious reasons! & so they hire illegals from 3rd world countries that don't even know the meaning of the words sterile or sanitary because back home they live w/filth & bugs & rats & think it's normal! Along w/not washing hands after going to the can & not showering either!
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

That IS normal. We're just incredibly spoiled :cool:

And besides, life just wouldn't be as exciting if there was no chance you'd find a scorpion in your sheets :loco:

No it's not, & it's disgustimg to boot! No thanx, you can keep the scorpions! Except for the band, they are cool!:headbang: