Wicked Bad News

Kirst-ehhh

Epic Kirsty
Jan 2, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
www.myspace.com
Everything is going wrong. Antwerp was so amazing. Actually I'll tell you about it since I'm here.

Got booked into a mega lush hotel. It was so nice!!!! Anyway, got washed and went on my way to the venue. I saw Bob outside. He was on the phone so I didn't wanna bother him!!! But he shouted my name and waved (they're stalking ME)!!!

Waited in line, got in, pretty much front row. Forever Slave blah blah.

Firewind: AWESOME. Just too good.

Kamelot: pretentious bastards with their fire show and WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much smoke from the machine. Made me feel sick so I went to the back...where I met Forever Slave. Talked to them a bit. Well the girl at least!!!

After Kamelots set I went to get some water and Mark saw me and called me over. Had a wee chat. GLASGOW IN SEPTEMBEEEEEEER!!! He said he couldnt promise but he'd try cos last time they had an awesome time there.

Saw Gus quickly then finally got my water. Went outside to get food and Bob saw me and ran over. He stood and talked to me outside for like 10 mins. We talked about how he is OBV the coolest member of Firewind.

Some little guy asked him 'do you think Kamelot will come out'

His reply was 'when you are standing here tomorrow in the freezing cold asking 'where are my favourite band' then you will answer your question' <3

We went inside after that and had more banter. Apparently I look 16. GO ME!!!!

Oh and there was much slagging of my accent by Bob and Gus :( I asked how I could sound more European and he said I should speak in a Russian accent....WTF.

He said my accent was like that film 'Trainspotting'. NOT AMUSED!!!

I had to go back to my hotel but I'd missed the last bus/tram. So I was like 'I'll walk'. So I got like 10 mins into walking I was like screw this...and I stole a bike. This is where my bad karma started.

I lost the setlist I got that night. GUTTED. I left my hotel and went to the bus station. Got on the bus.

8 miles outside Antwerp my bus crashed into a car. The car went a good 30 feet and when I put my hand out to stop myself flying over the seat I hurt it and let out a big scream. Haha. Anyway, I knew right then I'd done something bad. The ambulance came and got the guys from the car then came on the bus and took me in the ambulance. The same one as the guy from the car. His face was all smashed up and I think I went into shock.

I started shaking and crying and I just felt so lost. I got to the hospital and everyone was really nice. I got my hand examined and an Xray where I was told I'd torn two ligaments and fractured a bone in my hand. They asked me about medical insurance and I was like 'I have NO idea'.

They wanted to put a plaster on my arm but because I still have travelling to do, I didn't know about my insurance and partly because of Katie's horror story I decided against and they put a bandage thing on and gave me UBER painkillers. I've got my Xrays and I've to get it plastered when I get home. Good times.

ANyway; my bus had left. So I was stranded. The hospital staff were awesome and told me where I could get another bus and called Eurolines.

So I had to get a bus back to Antwerp. A train from Antwerp Centraal to Brussels Noord and then find the Eurolines station there and get on another coach.

I have never been so edgy in my life. I wanted to chillax but the fear the bus might crash prevented any chance of sleep or relaxation. FINALLY I got to Paris. About 8 hours later than expected!!!! I just wanted sleep so I booked into a hotel.

Got up this morning. No hot water. I'm so fucking PISSED. I don't know whether to go to the gig or not incase the roof caves in or something.

The last 24 hours have been an actual living nightmare. Just had to get all that wee rant out before I explode with all these fucking Frenchies around me!!!

xx Kirsty

geez that sucks to have such an awesome time then all that crap. as for the hand OUCH!!!!! haha although now i feel guilty that my horrific experience with plaster casts scared you from getting one. make sure you get it sorted as soon as you get back ok? and sue the fuck out of that bus driver!!!!!! seriously, compensation girl!

Fark.

Thats some pretty bad shit.

Whenever times get tough mate just think of how much us forumers love you :kickass:

Kamelot: pretentious bastards

:)

Some little guy asked him 'do you think Kamelot will come out'

His reply was 'when you are standing here tomorrow in the freezing cold asking 'where are my favourite band' then you will answer your question' <3

:lol: some little guy must have thought the same thing you thought of Kamelot.

Oh and there was much slagging of my accent by Bob and Gus :( I asked how I could sound more European and he said I should speak in a Russian accent....WTF.

:lol::lol::lol: That's what happens when you get too friendly with people...they start taking 'liberties'

I had to go back to my hotel but I'd missed the last bus/tram. So I was like 'I'll walk'. So I got like 10 mins into walking I was like screw this...and I stole a bike. This is where my bad karma started.

Really sorry to read about the rest...didn't think that the lightheartedness of the opening text would actually lead to such trauma. Hope that you are feeling better and that Alan is OK too. Hope you stay out of harm's way for the rest of the tour.

Jesus so do I!!!

I'd had enough today and I just cried in my hotel room and wanted to go home.

Then I thought nah. FUCK THIS SHIT. I'm enjoying my time here no matter what!!!

Trying to sort out somewhere to stay just now since I didn't get to stay at my couchsurfers house last night!!!

xx Kirsty

Moral of the story: don't steal Flemish bikes?

In all seriousness though, bike stealing is a popular pastime in Holland and Flemish-speaking parts, so I don't think it was bad karma... But damn, that was some crazy shit indeed. Glad to know you got into Paris in one piece (I just got your text now). So yeah, easy on your hand and such cos damn...

Oh and yeah, I didn't have a similar story during my Scandinavian crusade, but stuff did go bad. It's bound to happen unfortunately. But always focus on the good side and you'll have LOADS of fun. And great stories to tell later on. I'm expecting a big update this weekend ;)

Maybe it was bad karma after all. "Kamelot pretentious"..."Roy Khan is a penis"...my wife thinks that Roy Khan is the devil himself! Who knows...maybe he's read your posts and decided to send some evil vibes your way! I mean reading through your misadventures it felt almost like 'something' or 'someone' (spirits?) was trying to stop you getting to wherever it is you wanted to go.