bus adventures in the heat: profanity style

Tide In Mind Out

ct_thrash
Mar 5, 2002
for starters, it was 105 degrees F yesterday.

I had an appointment yesterday morning with the staffing service that hires for samantha/blackwaternymph's company. i had to take public transportation out there (a bus ride, a train ride, a light rail ride, and another bus ride). I got there fine and with enough time to spare to poop at jack in the box before i went in

i did great on all my tests i had to take that are relevant to the position, so i expect to hear back from them soon. at least the most important part of the day yesterday went well, because the trip back was hell.

my plan was to take the bus back to the light rail station, ride the rail to a mall, and get lunch there with my starbucks card since i didn't have enough money to get food anywhere.

since i didn't know what time my appointment would be over, i couldn't configure an exact bus plan beforehand, so i just had to sit at the nearest bus stop and wait. i figured it couldn't take the bus TOO long, but oh it did. i sat there under my lil umbrella for a good 45 minutes before i went to the "taqueria" down the street and got some life saving gatorade. finally the bus came. it wasn't the bus i needed but by that point i didn't care, i just had to get out of the heat.

a lot of good that did because about 15 minutes into the ride, THE BUS FVCKING BROKE DOWN IN THE FVCKING HEAT. so now what? the next bus wasn't coming by that location for another 45 minutes, and there weren't really any stores to hang out in. i saw a tire place in the distance so i hung out in there with all the manly tire men for a while, then walked back to where the bus had broken down. there was a DART representative there taking a report on the bus, and he kindly gave me and this other dude a ride in his car to the college where the bus was supposed to stop.

soooo i freshened up a bit at the college and caught the next bus out of there to a transit station, where i finally got back on the light rail. by that time it was too late to go to the mall and eat, so i had no lunch and hadn't had anything to drink for almost 2 hours. i was getting really dizzy and almost delirious.

the light rail took me back to the downtown dallas station where i had to catch the train back to the irving station, where my mom was gonna pick me up. i had only a handful of change, but of course, the coke machine at the dallas station ate my money and left me parched still. and i'm still not sure if the chinese kids' dance group that was dancing and singing lion king songs in the station was real or just a hallucination

finally the train came and i hopped on, only to have a dirty white trash guy sit next to me and ask me what time the train "took off." on the way into irving this guy took out a bag of pot and rolled himself a joint in the empty seat next to him, no shit! he even put it in his mouth and looked around like he was going to ask someone for a light. but then i guess he thought better of it and put it all away. WTFFFFFF

alright so i got to the irving station, my momma took me home, and the nightmare had ended at 6 p.m., after having started my attempt to come home at 12:20 p.m.

i took a shower, ate and drank plentifully, and then proceeded to sleep for 13 hours. today i'm alive. the end.

Wow. I figured you got home around 5 or 6, from your last message. You have the WORST luck with every mode of transportation. My car is now making funny noises *glares* :mad:

I would have gladly taken you home if it weren't for my gay appointment in Plano. Stupid heat, stupid DART.

Was it pot, or ....COPENHAGEN?!

ct_thrash said:
I got there fine and with enough time to spare to poop at jack in the box before i went in

*realizes its a place, but still imagines you pooping into an actual jack in the box*

i'm applying to be an investigative reporter like sammeh. and i got good news bit ago. i have an interview at the actual office tomorrow!