my bus adventures yesterday: profanity style

atfirstiwaslikeepicbear.jpg

you can hear him yelling "better get away! better get away!" at the cops and its clearly the same voice yelling "i told him not to fuck with me!" in the other video, especially coupled with the exact physical appearance. it seems he is somewhat known in oakland, nicknamed "Vietnam Tom" and is obviously a crazy old dude who dont take shit off nobody.

haha ... this dude now has a fan page on Facebook ... as EPIC BEARD MAN ... about 12K followers already.
racism is still alive and well!

c6HNedq.jpg

Subway riders who refuse to take off their backpacks or insist on sitting with legs extended about the length of a subway bench: Be warned. The MTA is coming for you. In January, a new campaign will target backpack-wearers and "man-spreaders," those people who fail to obey the sacred laws of personal space. The new ads will include signs and PA announcements, and the MTA will scrap its current slogan, "Courtesy is contagious," because such subtle hints were not getting through, anyway.

One MTA board member Charles Moerdler did go a bit further, suggesting backpacks be banned from the subway altogether. But perhaps realizing this was a utopian dream, or anticipating the backlash, Moerdler clarified by saying he merely wants to make it an enforceable rule that riders must remove their knapsacks, noting that it's the "right thing to do" on a crowded train. True, but probably still futile.

tumblr_n673l8j1Ou1sqv9too1_500.jpg

I see absolutely zero problem with this, aslong as the bus/train isn't standing room only.

However, it's a little inappropriate if you're encroaching upon someone's personal space like this. :lol:

tumblr_nbv9hnVSxI1sqv9too1_500.jpg

I agree with you. If the train's not packed, sit however you want. I usually take up two seats on the train because of my legs. I have to turn myself toward the seat next to me to keep from being squashed against the seat in front of me. When it starts to get crowded I just stand. Wouldn't have to be an issue if people would use (un)common sense.

Reading the post I started this thread with = :puke:. That day was an omen of the years of torment I faced with that job.

/\ Based off that clip, I tracked down this movie via VIMEO this evening. Prior to that I attempted to watch it via youtube, but sadly only a 7 minute clip of it was to be found. More unfortunate, was that the clip that got me scouring the intarwebz was Suburbia starring Giovanni Ribisi. I'll be tracking down that film next to wash the acrid taste out of my mouth left by 90 minutes penned by this Corman hack. I'm sure this appealed to some degenerates back in the 80s who today are either lying in a ditch or dead, but for myself, I couldn't help but cheer on the middle aged vigilantes shooting canines and running over prepubescents. The three lengthy gig scenes made my ear hairs recoil and bar the audiogenic ingress of my eustachian tubes. Only highlight of the flick was when the one passerby told the three curbside low-lives, "get a job." That garnered a chuckle. Not as big as the recurring one I had seeing these pointy haired clowns growing up, but a chuckle nonetheless.

1schar