my bus adventures yesterday: profanity style

Tide In Mind Out

ct_thrash
Mar 5, 2002
hello :wave:

for starters, it was 105 degrees F yesterday.

I had an appointment yesterday morning with the staffing service that hires for samantha/blackwaternymph's company. i had to take public transportation out there (a bus ride, a train ride, a light rail ride, and another bus ride). I got there fine and with enough time to spare to poop at jack in the box before i went in:kickass:

i did great on all my tests i had to take that are relevant to the position, so i expect to hear back from them soon. at least the most important part of the day yesterday went well, because the trip back was hell.

my plan was to take the bus back to the light rail station, ride the rail to a mall, and get lunch there with my starbucks card since i didn't have enough money to get food anywhere.

since i didn't know what time my appointment would be over, i couldn't configure an exact bus plan beforehand, so i just had to sit at the nearest bus stop and wait. i figured it couldn't take the bus TOO long, but oh it did. i sat there under my lil umbrella for a good 45 minutes before i went to the "taqueria" down the street and got some life saving gatorade. finally the bus came. it wasn't the bus i needed but by that point i didn't care, i just had to get out of the heat.

a lot of good that did because about 15 minutes into the ride, THE BUS FVCKING BROKE DOWN IN THE FVCKING HEAT. so now what? the next bus wasn't coming by that location for another 45 minutes, and there weren't really any stores to hang out in. i saw a tire place in the distance so i hung out in there with all the manly tire men for a while, then walked back to where the bus had broken down. there was a DART representative there taking a report on the bus, and he kindly gave me and this other dude a ride in his car to the college where the bus was supposed to stop.

soooo i freshened up a bit at the college and caught the next bus out of there to a transit station, where i finally got back on the light rail. by that time it was too late to go to the mall and eat, so i had no lunch and hadn't had anything to drink for almost 2 hours. i was getting really dizzy and almost delirious.

the light rail took me back to the downtown dallas station where i had to catch the train back to the irving station, where my mom was gonna pick me up. i had only a handful of change, but of course, the coke machine at the dallas station ate my money and left me parched still. and i'm still not sure if the chinese kids' dance group that was dancing and singing lion king songs in the station was real or just a hallucination o_O

finally the train came and i hopped on, only to have a dirty white trash guy sit next to me and ask me what time the train "took off." on the way into irving this guy took out a bag of pot and rolled himself a joint in the empty seat next to him, no shit! he even put it in his mouth and looked around like he was going to ask someone for a light. but then i guess he thought better of it and put it all away. WTFFFFFF

alright so i got to the irving station, my momma took me home, and the nightmare had ended at 6 p.m., after having started my attempt to come home at 12:20 p.m.:ill:

i took a shower, ate and drank plentifully, and then proceeded to sleep for 13 hours. today i'm alive. the end.

I fucking hate it when buses break down in the heat. Last time that happened to a bus I was on, they just kicked us all off - didn't get another to come out to finish the journey that we'd paid for or anything - just put us all off the bus, between stops. Luckily, I was five minutes' walk from where I was going anyway, but some of the other peeps on the bus were pissed.

yeah there was one dude freaking out that he was going to be fired for being late to work. at least i didn't have to be anywhere at a specific time by then. twas bullshit. A HUBBLE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS

lizard said:
I remember a story about a bus driver driving his first day of work and his passengers were all kids from a gifted school...He got lost, and so he parked the bus and was getting off it and the kids were like, "hey where are you going?"

The bus driver said, "I quit, you kids are so smart, find your own way home."

Fucking legend. :lol:

that sucks ... hope this job will not require such a long trek each day for you.

lurch70 said:
that sucks ... hope this job will not require such a long trek each day for you.

well, it wouldn't be so bad since i'd know what time i had to go in and what time i got out, so i could plan a bus schedule accordingly and not sit there at the bus stop like a duck.

I took a bus through downtown LA yesterday morning. It was horrid indeed. As I prepared to exit, the pile of shit in front of me exited the rear door first then promptly decided to spew forth his fucking innerds all over the sidewalk. Fearing missing my stop I decide to make a dangerous leap over the now vomit/blood filled sidewalk thus landing safely on littered ground. Upon my landing a rather tall slender zombie looking negress walked by and bumped into me. She had her eyes closed as she sloshed on by. As I began to cross the street I encountered 4'9 smexicans walking around in Leprosy t-shirts all the while unruly negroids walked around in pimp suits strutting away and jabbering to themselves.

Fuck Los Angeles:erk:

I only associate myself with fellow members of the "Order of White Lions in Proposition for the Resurrection of Colonization."

SEND THEM HOME ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

Sorry to hear about your horror story Cara. Good luck with el trabajo.

Climb Thar Hill said:
I took a bus through downtown LA yesterday morning. It was horrid indeed. As I prepared to exit, the pile of shit in front of me exited the rear door first then promptly decided to spew forth his fucking innerds all over the sidewalk. Fearing missing my stop I decide to make a dangerous leap over the now vomit/blood filled sidewalk thus landing safely on littered ground. Upon my landing a rather tall slender zombie looking negress walked by and bumped into me. She had her eyes closed as she sloshed on by. As I began to cross the street I encountered 4'9 smexicans walking around in Leprosy t-shirts all the while unruly negroids walked around in pimp suits strutting away and jabbering to themselves.

Fuck Los Angeles:erk:

hahaha! aww, well at least you got to see some gore

update: i went in for an interview at the actual office of the company today. it went really well, and afterward i got to pee in a cup. if they want your urine then that's usually a sign that they want to hire you. so yay! i could possibly start on monday. i'd be doing background checks on people for employment purposes, wif samantha:headbang:

only downside is that i'll have to get up around 4 to get there by 8 using public transportation. d'oh well, at least i'll be rich...er.

Congrats!

I'm thinking of emailing the Japanese woman I interviewed with yesterday that was so damned indirect I'm not sure if I was offered the job or not. It's going to be awkward saying "So, wtf, was it my imagination or did you stop speaking in conjecture at some point in that conversation yesterday and offer me the job?"

Edit: I wish I could remember more of the bus stories from the near 5 years I rode the bus almost every day to class in college.

There was one driver who was a bit nutty. One time the bus was totally full with the people standing completely packed together yet there were more at the stop wanting to get on. The driver yelled "I leave no man behind!!!!!". Wow that cracked me up. This same driver once was sitting at a stop after I'd gotten on and ahead of us a ways was a fat girl that decided to squeeze through a small opening in a fence instead of walking around the longer way. Needless to say she got stuck for a minute and the driver turned back to me and the only other guy on the bus and yelled "Did you guys SEE that!!?" and then proceeded to point and laugh for a good 3 minutes until that girl was out of sight.

Yet again with the same driver and at that same stop, I got on the bus and after a second or two a guy rushed off leaving his bag on the seat next to him and started to violently throw up all over the place. He looked dizzy, confused, and in a good bit of pain. Everyone on the bus just stared out the window at him silently as he hurled like crazy. The driver just sat watching for a while and then went back, got the guy's bag, walked up to him, didn't say a word as he dropped the bag (probably in some of the puke), got back in the bus and drove away. He then got on the radio and told the bus station about it.

He also once walked to the back of the bus to go talk to a baby some asian woman was holding. The mother looked scared shitless.

Come to think of it, he was also the guy that almost ran me over a few times and would honk and yell if people didn't run for the bus.