Atmospheric but very powerful Metal !

koalanus

steaknife
Mar 26, 2003
Do you know 'The Old Dead Tree' ??

Well they are !!! :D

Great riffs and melodies, very powerful and modern but still quite atmospheric and melodic without being cheesy. Most of all they've got an outstanding singer !! Clean vox and death/black vox !
Their first album has just been released on Season of Mist rec., it's called 'The Nameless Disease'

Check out the MP3's and tour dates at www.theolddeadtree.com and please comment on their music, I'd love to know what you think about them :confused:

Well i think you can find MP3's on their site but if they are zipped files and it annoys you, you can try to get some of their music on soulseek, you can find the album there ... But if you download it entirely, buy it ! ;) ;)

I'm listening right now to Quietly Kissing Death and I must sai that the music is nice even if I expect something like Haggard ehrn someone says atmospheric.

Anyway the band is great: the made the line-up pic on their website at a station and it's visible an Eurostar at their left. And the Eurostar seems an ETR500, born in my same city. For more information about ETR500 www.ansaldobreda.net

Well the first two songs are full so it's best to download them IMO.
For the rest, you can try .. them all :lol: there is no shit on the album !

'Somewhere else','All','Transition' and 'Bathroom Monologue' are rather kind of ballads, instrumental or very atmospheric.
'It's the Same For Everyone' is their 'hit', very epic atomospheric metal song, MDB-ish i would say.
The rest is pretty Heavy, the faster pieces are 'It can't be' and 'Joy and happiness' on which I started a nice moshpit last time :lol: