Atmospheric/depressive black/death metal with richness in sound.

Dont know if this is the exact sound you are after but its still decently produced stuff and some of my favourite ambient black metal:

If you like them then search for the second parts on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Pensees Nocturnes. Did listen to them before and was not that impressed. But I really liked the two songs posted above. I'll definitely give them another shot.

Lantlos are good, a bit post-rocky but in a good way.

I take it if you aren't big on Gris's production you're not terribly interested in Sombres Forets? They did a collab project with Gris called Miserere Luminis, too, but the production value is all in the same vein.

*2 hours later*

Holy shit, I am totally addicted to Pensées Nocturnes ! Any more recommendations ?

So glad to hear it! the two albums are very different, i think i like grotesque better but vacuum is more depressive...he's literally crying in some of it hahaha
but yeah he's stellar

I think maybe Fen, Wolves in the Throne Room, Negura Bunget, Drudkh, Blood of Kingu, Paysage d'Hiver may be up your alley

I happen to have liked Vaccum more, because it's less pompous, and the guitarwork in it is very tasteful. Still, both albums are masterpieces.

Fen I am already a big fan of. I have listened to all other bands you stated except for Paysage D'Hiver. Will check them out.

Negura Bunget, I did not like them for some reason, but I haven't listened much. Care to give me a couple of tracks to listen to, so I may give them another shot ?

Negura Bunget, I did not like them for some reason, but I haven't listened much. Care to give me a couple of tracks to listen to, so I may give them another shot ?

Their best tracks imo are Tesarul de Iumini and Dedesuptul, but most of Om rules.

As far as albums, Om > 'n Crugu Bradului > Maiestrit (the new one) > Virstele Pamintului > anything else..

By the way, does everyone hear an annoying white noise/static voice all along Gris songs, or is it just my speakers ?

Gris' music is really well composed, and i totally dig his desperate shrieks and howls, but WTF is it with the ridiculous amounts of SHSHHDSHDHSDHAHSDHASDHASHDAHSDHASDHASHDAHSDHHSSHSHSHS treble sound ? Totally ruins the music.