Attack of the clones.

Lucas is putting insync into the movie because his daughter likes them. Thats the kindda shit you can expect for the starwars series now. Thank god for LotR's.

Originally posted by Salamurhaaja
LotR, same shit, different package :D

Have you seen it? More importantly, have you read the book?

Because if you've read the book and still feel this way then you've obviously missed the point, or your imagination is in recession.

Is that true about nsync being in Attack of the Clones? It better not be. I seriously don't think Lucas is that stupid. I think he'd realise how inappropriate that would be.

Originally posted by requiem

Have you seen it? More importantly, have you read the book?

Because if you've read the book and still feel this way then you've obviously missed the point, or your imagination is in recession.

Or maybe I think it's same bunch cliche like most fantasy books:eek:

Is that true about nsync being in Attack of the Clones? It better not be. I seriously don't think Lucas is that stupid. I think he'd realise how inappropriate that would be.

From what I understand, there will be three members of N'Sync somwhere in the background of the big Jedi battle in the movie. In other words, blink and you'll miss them... so be sure to blink at the right moment!:D

Or maybe I think it's same bunch cliche like most fantasy books:eek:

So have you read it or not?? You know how rabid hardcore fans can get when someone slanders the great work ;)

The funny thing is... there weren't any fantasy books before Tolkein. He's pretty much the blue print by which all others followed.

So have you read it or not?? You know how rabid hardcore fans can get when someone slanders the great work ;)

The funny thing is... there weren't any fantasy books before Tolkein. He's pretty much the blue print by which all others followed.

I was about to post pretty much the same reply...

I have read the first book and about half of the 2nd, it was so boring I decided to quit reading it, I still have it and I still know where I was in it too.

and when was it that he wrote the books?

The Hobbit was published 1937 and LotR 1954-1955.

H.P. Lovecraft died 1937, R.E. Howard died in 1936 both published multible fantasy/horror short stories/novels.
And don't even get me started on fairy tales :D
(Brothers Grimm come to mind)

Well, obviously Lovecraft, Poe etc wrote allegorical tales, usually incorporating horror motifs. However, I believe it was Tolkien who designed and wrote about a complex, fanstastical world, in the scope he did, for the first time. At least a world containing commonplace conventions now found in everyday fantasy.

When people discuss fantasy they are discussing a genre more synonymous with Tolkein than Lovecraft et al.

So in that respect, Tolkein shoud be credited, if not with creating the complete genre, then at least for mastering the form we recognise today as being fantasy.

Plus the stories are fucking cool ;)

This simply means that while you may dislike fantasy, it is important to remember that Tolkein didn't copy any fantasy books. Rather, he drew his inspiration from more Earthly myths and legends, as well as contributing his own imaginative genius to the mix.

I suggest you continue reading until the end, as it's really only once you've finished that you look back and realise what a masterpiece it is.

I promise you, it's worth the effort.

And don't even get me started on fairy tales :D
(Brothers Grimm come to mind)

By the way, I don't think anyone would confuse the fantasy genre with German folk tales.

Fairy tales are, for the majority, derived from word of mouth tales from the Black Forest in Germany, compiled by the Grimm brothers in the late 19th century.

They are not elaborate works of fiction, or fictional worlds conjured by an author. They are simply a region's historical tales which have been twisted by time into allegory.

Originally posted by Hearse
LOTR book is boring I never finished it neither, cause it was so drag.

Like I said, it's all in the ending...

Sorry, but people who say they don't like the book without having finished it don't exactly impress much confidence on me.

I find Tolkien extremely boring, I can't find anything that original in it, I don't know I might be wrong.

I mean what do I know, I like sci-fi better anyway, since there hasn't really been any good fantasy writers after the ones I mentioned before. Actually I still think Lovecrafts Dreamland series is the best fantasy series there has been.

On the scope I have to agree tho, Tolkiens world was pretty much compleate, I don't know tho that is a big turn off as well, I don't wanna learn to read elvish and shit like that to enjoy a book and lets face it, the songs are just annoying, remind me of the Ewok song :lol:

I don't wanna learn to read elvish and shit like that to enjoy a book and lets face it, the songs are just annoying, remind me of the Ewok song :lol:

Well, there you go...

But isn't the book abit failed then, if it is all in the end only? Come on, I read half of it, and I just couldn't read more, cause it dragged so much. That's why maybe the movie is much more interesting to me, cause you can't put everything from the book to the movie, so they left all the boring parts away.

Like in dragons lance series, I never get bored. They are interesting from the begginning to the end. That's how books supposed to be. But like I said everybody got their own taste.

Haven't you ever been in movie or watched a movie that has been so bad, that you have left in middle of it? What if then somebody says you, it was most amazing movie... and you cant say it sucked, just cause you didn't watch the whole movie? :err:

What he said :)

Haven't you ever been in movie or watched a movie that has been so bad, that you have left in middle of it? What if then somebody says you, it was most amazing movie... and you cant say it sucked, just cause you didn't watch the whole movie?

Movies only usually go for 90-170 minutes. If I can't sit through that then there's something wrong with me, not the movie.

And books are so different to movies. I don't think I need to emphasise that point. Dragonlance are basically a joke... Tolkien is a work of genius.

It actually takes a bit of concentration. It's not fast food literature... Each to his own, I know. I take it you're not a War and Peace fan?! :)