o/t The Attack of the Clones

Originally posted by bRaTpRiNcEsS
Wait a second, didn't every boy in the world dress up as KISS on Halloween?? Or is it just bad to do at a show???
On Halloween, everyone is allowed to dress like a clown and act silly. But until a Star Wars movie opens on Halloween (like that will ever happen), dressing up like one of the characters to go to the movie is a huge sign that the person is in serious need of a life.

LOL

Yeah but it's always fun to point and laugh at them. Besides, I didn't know you're not supposed to do that at a KISS show, since I'm not all that into them, or even wearing a band's t-shirt at their show, cause I'm guilty of that one myself. No, what's really bad is that group that goes to movies for the sole purpose of finding what's different/wrong from the movie to the book/comic book/TV show or whatever that movie happens to be about. Making a list and actually getting publicity about it. They are almost always comic book movies or Star Trek or Star Wars. You know, like this: http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0508ENTERTAINMENT-LEISURE-SPIDERMAN-DC.html

OK not quite, but the best cinematic experience since Empire . Makes me forget Phantom completely, and it is arguably better than episodes 4 and 6. Attack is all that and more! I love Spidey, but like Brent said, this makes his flick look like Spawn or Superman 4. Episode II has that epic feel that wasn't quite there in Episode I. Samuel L. Jackson kicks ass. Yoda kicks ass. Obi-Wan kicks ass. Count DuKoo was evil as hell. And the romance story between Padme (who made my unit grow like 3 times it's size :D ) and Anakin was a classic forbidden love saga, not too cheesy, and despite what the critics say, it was acted out well. This movie is one I'm gonna go see again, and again, and again. PHENOMENAL.

P.S.: Brat, you DON'T EVER wear a band's t-shirt to their concert. NEVER.

I just rewatched Episode I, and you know what? It really is not that bad. I had a bad taste in my mouth when I first watched it, and I think alot of that had to do with all the hype and high expectations. Sometimes when you leave something alone and come back to it, it is just beter.

Episode II still kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry!!! I didn't know!!! I swear!!! I'll never do it again!!! EVER!!!

I liked Episode I except for the "Annie" and Jar Jar bit.

Well, it sounds good, I'll get to the theater someday. I'm sure it'll be out for the summer anyways.

I've got to tell you, I'm really impressed with the DLP broadcast. I've now seen Clones both digital and regular and the digital broadcast was just incredible. The clarity and sharpness and color was ten times better. I know there aren't very many theatres that are showing the DLP version, but if you have one not too far away, I highly recommend making a road trip to see it when the furor dies down.

As far as the movie goes, I had a lot of fun watching this movie. I've seen it three times already and it gets better with each viewing. I loved Yoda and Mace Windu and Natalie Portman is just perfect. I thought the Fetts and the Clonetroopers were very cool and Ewan McGregor is really making Obi Wan his own (no small feat considering Alec Guiness was one of the all-time greats). Did anyone else notice the Millenium Falcons?

If you live in Ohio, Showcase in Springdale has a digital broadcast (Northern Cincinnati) and Cinemark at Valley View (just south of Cleveland) as well. As I said, it's well worth checking out if you are in those areas, just make sure when you buy your tickets that you are seeing the digital showing.

Oh, and by the way....if you look real closely there are a couple of places where you catch a glimpse of a blue Twilek Jedi. That's Amy. I love her.....

j

Did you go to springdale on wed night/thurs A.M. For the 12:05 and after showings? I went to the 12:20 show, When I got tix the digital was sold out. But I plan on seeing the digital one sometime.

Cincy-
Hell yeah I was there! I went to the 12:05 digital show. You were probably in that line outside by the news trucks. My buddy was the big stormtrooper. Yeah, he's a geek, but the manager pretty much let us have open run of the place and he made sure we had great seats, plus our tickets were free...

j

(what did everyone think of the Matrix preview?)

Originally posted by TD
P.S.: Brat, you DON'T EVER wear a band's t-shirt to their concert. NEVER.
I wore a S.O.D. shirt to the ANthrax show in NOLA. Is that legal?

I'll wear the opening band's shirt, just to show I'm there for them and not the suck-ass "we've got an air play song, so we are the flavor of the month" headliners.

Star Wars is killer! However, I think Spider-Man was just a little bit better.

I always wear an Anthrax t-shirt to every concert I go to, even Anthrax.
I'm not ashamed of wearing an Anthrax t-shirt to an Anthrax concert (however, last time I saw Anthrax, it was cold out so I had my S.O.D. hooded sweatshirt over my Anthrax t-shirts).

Originally posted by Thra:rofl:ude
Star Wars is killer! However, I think Spider-Man was just a little bit better.

I always wear an Anthrax t-shirt to every concert I go to, even Anthrax.
If I wasn't such a FATASS, I'd own an Anthrax Tee. But as long as the biggest size they offer is XL I guess I won't own one.

My SOD tee is just a XL, but I stretched the shit out of it.
DAMN YOU BEER BELLY! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

One of the weaker movies in the Star Wars series, but that being said, still better than most of the crap being spewed out there these days. Having seen it twice, once with digital film, I agree with Jeffasin. I would highly recommend that if you have the opportunity, it is worth driving a couple extra miles to see the digital version...yes, it makes that much of a difference.

As for the movie itself, it is certainly weaker than episodes 4 through 6, and only a marginal improvement over episode 1. I do not think the Phantom Menace was a bad movie, mind you...sure Jar Jar was annoying, but there were some good scenes, and the light sabre battle was great.

Anakin has grown from being a bratty annoying kid, to a pouty annoying teenager...at least it has been consistent. Natalie Portman is only slightly less wooden. The acting has never been the high point in any of the Star Wars movies, but the original trilogy at least had more likable bad actors.

The good points: most of the action sequences I found pretty thrilling, (although the "execution" scene and ensuing battle didn't impress me), Anakin's suffering on Tatooine, Yoda in action, less Jar Jar and more droids

The bad points: Dooku didn't really strike much fear as a bad guy (both Vader and Maul are far superior villains), slow moving first hour, continuing limitations of CGI (the scenery from the various planets still looks pretty painted, the monsters in the execuation scene were so stilted it may as well been claymation), the light saber duel was too short

There are lots of things that someone can pick on, but that doesn't make it a bad movie. Think of any great movie, and you'll certainly be able to pick out flaws and things that would have made it even better. Star Wars had even more scrutiny given the high expectations, making it impossible to live up to everyone's expectations, but it still manages to be a good movie, if not a great one.

Originally posted by HotRodFlamedJJ2
Yes.
Funny film.

Hey Yall,

I love that movie mang!

"Gunner is a tool, Gunner is a tool!"

"Are you gonna wear the T-shirt of the band your going to see? Don't be that guy!"

"Your a freshman, here's what you need to learn, beer, it's your best friend and you'll drink alot of it!"

Love that movie!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

dudes
I can't stand sam l jackson. Did you notice his light saber was purple? instead of the goodguy badguy color coordination? That was because he wanted to stand out more. The love story so shitty. Who could fall in love with a whiney bitch like Anakin? But it was still a good movie, better than the first. It's become apperant to me that I don't realy like George Lucas directing. He's a genius when it comes to writing, but, I think if he let Spielberg direct the films they would be perfect. My favorites where the empire strikes back and return of the jedi which were not directed by Lucas. I will give sammy jackson props for unbreakable and pulp fiction.
-Jono-

Originally posted by Jono
dudes
Who could fall in love with a whiney bitch like Anakin?
-Jono-

I thought the same thing Jono when I viewed "Attack of the Clones", but lets not forget how whiny Luke is, he had to inherit it from someone. I also enjoyed the movie! And I also agree that "Empire" is still the best!

Cheerz!

AugDawg