attempt at a djenty tone

Tesseden

Apr 5, 2011
I've tried several times now and the link doesn't load. I've checked some other threads with dropbox links and they where working fine... hmm

On a mac right? Pull the slider to the end of the track and then back to the start, and then press play. Normally fixes the problem for me.

On topic: The guitars are massively undergained and there is a lack of bass. Also it seemed that the tuning wasn't right either which doesn't help.

On a mac right? Pull the slider to the end of the track and then back to the start, and then press play. Normally fixes the problem for me.

On topic: The guitars are massively undergained and there is a lack of bass. Also it seemed that the tuning wasn't right either which doesn't help.

Yeah the tuning is probably wrong, but my strings are very very light, so they keep going out of tune, i'm still looking to get some higher gauge ones. I have to tune before every take it's pretty ridiculous.

well i think its not "djenty", its more like "boomcrunchy" or you name it :) i guess u need;

1-boost your amp with a OD
2-give more hi-mid and cut the 700hz area, too tight but not much,
3-play harder :)

It's a lot better than your first attempt.

But you need some bass in there, and the guitars need to be more aggressive. Not sure how you'd go about achieving that one though.

Th second one is way better than the first, but you need to improve your pick attack. Even though your hitting the right notes and "playing it right", the dynamics could be a lot better. To me you are in the right ballpark, you just have to work on that a little, and maybe add a bit of low end to the guitars. It would also help to double your bass track and get a nice fat/round tone on one to fill out the low end. If you're already doing so bring up the fat tone.