Attempt to Match TGCD sound by Katatonia

I'm pretty good with drums, not so much with the rest but..

Kick is good altho a little splatty.
Snare is much looser and has too much wires and room. Needs to be tighter (not necessarily LESS room, but more overhead and a tighter room sound).
Toms need to emulate the kick a bit in terms of tightness, they're quite boomy and raw at the moment.
If you ever get a close overhead sound.. please tell how.. but likely its impossible.

Bass sounds a bit chorusey or something. I think he used two mics on the bass and made it stereo? Look into that.. its also way louder than on the real deal.

It's quite a good mix, and a good cover but I wouldn't say its TOO close to the original yet.
Pro tip - if you eliminate the centre channel (either with a plugin or just pull your headphones out halfway), during In The White you can hear a mono version of just the overheads (and a tiny bit of bass I think). Give you a good indication of how the cymbals sound and how much overheads are in the drums (fair amount in the snare).

Drums and bass sound pretty cool. Bass however is a too high in the mix and has some tubiness that you should cut to get closer to the original. Also the snare on the original is a bit snappier (maybe compress it a bit more) and the kick drum has a bit too much low mid in your mix (might be the bass however). The guitars I think need most work, to much treble/presence in comparison too the original and too little body. Hope this helps you a bit.

I'm pretty good with drums, not so much with the rest but..

Bass sounds a bit chorusey or something. I think he used two mics on the bass and made it stereo? Look into that.. its also way louder than on the real deal.

I think Jens explained in the Jens Bogren thread that there were two bass tracks panned to left and right. SO you should look into that if you want to get that sound

thx guys .. i've been mixing for too long hence i destroyed part of the good things i did.. now i can hear some kind of phase issues in da bass .. and that obvious shitty honk in the middle... u're definitely right about the room.. i'll try with less and more comp for the snare.. let's see what happens :)

@morgoe-> thx for the tip i'll check in mono

bass is actually 3 tracks i think 2 hard left/right and 1 sansamped in the middle for dirt