Attendance numbers

I don't know official counts for each night, but I saw Rob mention over 3,500 people for all three days. Somewhere just under 1400 for Iced Earth, just over 1400 for Testament... So 700 or so for Thursday.

Very good turnout, IMO. The Pearl Room was packed.

By comparison of the number of people versus last year, yeah, I think it was a success. Although this year I think there were a lot more "imported" people in attendance.

It certainly helps having Testament and Iced Earth as headliners.
No doubt about that .. those two bands sold the tickets this year. They both brought in big turnouts on each of their nights.

I wonder if in the future the focus will be on getting major headliners, or building a stronger overall card? I guess I'd prefer a little of both ... maybe a little lesser headliners, and stronger undercard. The metal core stuff didn't seem to go over too well, so maybe the focus will fall back some to more traditional metal styles .. hope so.

Still though .. great turnout numbers this year ... I'm sure Rob, Chris, and John had to be thrilled with that.

Britt

id say keep it to this formula.

Big Name Acts Headline
Out of Country bands support or headline
Local acts support and open.

keep it around 5-6 bands

in which case
1-2 local acts
2-3 supporting act
headliner

i know this might sound over demanding but it would assuredly get ticket sales around what Testament brought. That night had the best formula.
Aside from Testaments badassness. The virgin crowds for SuidAkra and Darkane became pumped and was a minor factor to how crazy it was.
Running into talented local acts also brings respect to the area.