The Big Question

Isn't that one of the goals, though? To draw more people from the area? And there are still tons of places that Sym X won't play, so it's still sort of a centralized location. I don't know. This is just my thought. Maybe if they were co-headliners or second to last for one night, even, there could still be a non-touring band headlining. I'm just brainstorming here. :)

I think that's what the idea is, yes. I have virtually no experience in putting shows together, so maybe I don't have a good idea of who would draw and who wouldn't. Regardless, I'm just thinking about bands that I personally (and people in my area) would want to see there. That's the whole point of the "community fest" idea.

That being said, it would be very nice to see Nevermore headline. :)

At first, I must admit that you were very ballzy to first say you didn't care for the line-up, but then had the gall to ask about next year.

Though, on the flipside, I can certainly see for out of towners that the line-up would have to be to your liking to make the expenditure of an out of town trip.

I guess being local, it is easy to classify myself as one of the people who will come regardless of who plays to support.

I do agree with those who have said that maybe next year there should be more of a mix of genres.

I am just a Power metal fan first thats why I didnt really care for it and thats why I went Powerfest last year and thats why I am going to PP and Madfest. I am fan of many other genres I am just more selective in those genres.

Correct me if I am wrong though I do believe that Rob said it was up to the locals to make the show work or something to that effect. It was my interpretation that he was booking the show for what may do well in the Chicago scene but still apply to the Powerfest code so to speak.

Anyway if I had lived within a hour or 90 mins of Powerfest I would have been there both days instantly.

I am just a Power metal fan first thats why I didnt really care for it and thats why I went Powerfest last year and thats why I am going to PP and Madfest. I am fan of many other genres I am just more selective in those genres.

That's cool man. I seriously did not mean to come down on you.
There is nothing wrong with simply stating that you did not come because of the line-up. Just had some ballz to say that and then say, "So what about next year?" :lol:

(Speaking of ballz, since I was not present, was any Ball Gravy spilled?)