Attention: Bands who are Woods fans.

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Before traffic (lurking (hate), discussion (love)) increases here with the release of "Woods 3", I would like to 'plant a seed' with you, 'fans in bands'. As we conclude this three part "Against the Seasons" era of WOODS OF YPRES and before we begin the next, new era, I would like to entertain the idea of organizing a 'free form' tribute album of Woods songs from the first three albums performed by other bands and released by Woods of Ypres on our indy label, Krankenhaus Records. By 'free form' I mean that the bands covering the songs don't have to be metal bands, nor do they have to perform 'metal' versions of the Woods songs. The main requirements would be that the songs submitted would have been recorded professionally (in an adequate studio) and would be of class and in good taste (you know this genre and the music, be reasonable).

To show your interest in this project, please e-mail woodsofypres@hotmail.com. If you already have a preference as to what song your band would like to cover, please mention it. Get dibs.

FYI - I think we'll end up having to draw straws for "Meeting Place" so showing interest in covering other WoY songs is encouraged.

DG. - \w/ :kickass:

PS - I don't ever like using the word 'fans', but 'supporters' didn't rhyme with 'bands'. I made an exception, just this once.

Damn, if I had access to good recording equipment I would so do an acoustic, super folked out Shedding the Deadwood or something. This is definitely a really cool idea though, I hope some bands are interested in participating, would love to hear. This is definitely a great way to support really underground bands (mainly metal ones). Good call Dave.

I've sent an email (actually three, oops!) hoping to do The Sea Of Immeasurable Loss. Ideally I'd like A Meeting Place And Time, however I might leave that to someone better!! A friend of mine (who is an excellent cellist) wants to do Allure of the Earth too!

Hopefully that thread started by chris on the NeO forum gets NeO to do a cover, maybe with an added violin piece in one of the songs. That would be heavenly.:dopey:

^ Yeah man, go for it, I don't have access to any good recording equipment. The tab (well, the chords) on the internet is done by me though, and most of it is right I think, so be sure to check it out :p

Hmmm

I'll get Canopy to do a cover, not sure which one yet though...

.:crast:.

OMG! That would be freaking amazing. Turn it into your like crazy melo/tech death style. You guys rule, I can't wait to hear that.