Attention Guitarists...

Oh man I asked so many people already, including Danny and Duncan, and they all come up with goofy answers :)
I'm afraid it's just his guitar + effects + amp settings, which makes it impossible for us to get the same sound. You could probably have the same effect though with an ebow, but I haven't tried that yet.

By the way, I once tried raising my bridge pick up till it nearly touched the strings, that's the best result I reached by now, it somewhat sustained then, heh. When playing high on the fretboard, the strings touched the pick up though so I gave up anyway.

dunc is right when he talks about angles. different angles of you/your guitar/the position you're standing/the distance between you and your amplifier affects the sound/tune of your feedbacked sound. turn up the volume and you will get the fedback immediately; but to CONTROL the tune of it is the thing... ebow (or new strings, for that matter) makes feedback come easier.

discouraged1 said:
dunc is right when he talks about angles. different angles of you/your guitar/the position you're standing/the distance between you and your amplifier affects the sound/tune of your feedbacked sound. turn up the volume and you will get the fedback immediately; but to CONTROL the tune of it is the thing... ebow (or new strings, for that matter) makes feedback come easier.
Thank you for backing me up. Facial expressions are also important, seriously, the way you hold your mouth when turning or bending a note.

Thanks for the replies, everybody. Like I said, I had an idea, and I've even been able to do it. I don't really use any effects, except reverb (and occasionally chorus) when doing it, and I can pretty much get the same effect. I was just wondering if there was an actual "technique" to it. I guess I was doing the right thing the whole time?

fuckwhoevertookdemonofthefall said:
Thanks for the replies, everybody. Like I said, I had an idea, and I've even been able to do it. I don't really use any effects, except reverb (and occasionally chorus) when doing it, and I can pretty much get the same effect. I was just wondering if there was an actual "technique" to it. I guess I was doing the right thing the whole time?
when you play anathema songs and get the right sound, do you put on ur best clothes and best face in front of the mirror and pretend like your playing in front of people?