Attn: Alex

Despite my admiration for Khanate, etc., I've never really listened to or seen Sunn. I heard their shows are either really boring or kind of cool. I would definitely be down with that. Keep reminding me as the date nears!

it seems like Northsix is the only place I go to see shows nowadays.

I'll go!

I saw them once in denmark but it was an outdoor festival and I guess it would have been cooler in a small club, so I'll definately check it out.

The new album is actually way listenable..there are some black metal riffs (a lot slower though naturally) and that guy singing from inside a casket sounds creepy as hell, like a drowning pig.

kayo dot played with growing in asheville last year. they are good (probably one of few bands i enjoyed seeing). i am going to see this show the 19th but i dont think growing is playing.

I have no idea. And right now my trip is up in the air due to credit card fraud and bad reservations.... Once I get that sorted out I probably can buy tickets. I am not sure this will sell out until a few days before the show. How big is the northsix?

Sunn O))) are great live! not the best show i've seen, but definitely the most surreal.

that's not far from the truth. when i saw them the dude ummm... i forget his name, some black metal dude did some screams for them, the drummer from Boris did a crucified-like stage dive, some more screams, and copious gonging. at the center was an effervescent fog machine, lots of tube amps, and approx. 3 chords.

it was like watching something out of Suspiria really. pretty nifty.

i don't really know how i feel about sunn0))), but they're supposed to be rad live.
what did i contribute to this thread? absolutely nothing.