attn: the irish of the board

Bambi said:
Nah I dont know where to drink in dublin these days, i dont like town much anymore

he he im looking around on daft.ie the last while for a place too, fucking prices on some apts is mental, you can get a 4 bed house in clare for 750 a month and you'd pay that for a one bed apt in ballymun ffs!! sharing is deffo the way to go in dublin if yer dat way inclined.

One thing about living out in the arsehole of a mountain is
a)work
b) you better be driving and
c) it gets cold and isolated in the winter

i'll tell ya a horror story about kerry too: my cousin moved down there with the wife and kids to a rural area, he was back outta there in a few months cos the locals didnt like blowins from dublin and treated em like lepers. Although his missus is a right weapon so i dont blame the culchies for hating on em :tickled:

ah yea, tbh im getting stuck for new places to go too, its a different place every week. we were in this place called Mischief sat night(used to be Viva) we had the basement hired out, 70's wallpaper, €3.50 for any pint all night, €4 for cocktails!! upstairs right, they had dancers on the bar moving to poxy r'n'b, must of been 10-12 of them altogether, i thought they were punters at first, but they were professionals, well fit too! got 3 tokens for 3 free pints of Amstel, drank 1, awful... tho it was my excuse to escape from the basement for a while to have an old gawk hehe. one of the lads told me they saw Hellfish play in that basement, was a right sweat box in its day

yea, its best to get a house or a decent apartment with 3 beds or more, €1200 between 2 is a bit too much. one my mates Sean has a 2 bed house on upper leeson st for 1100, so himself and his girlfriend has one room, and he has all his gear in the other. the plan is a 4 bed house for 1200-1300 between 3. there is some classy houses available, even its out in Foxrock, at least you'll only have to put up with the city centre 5 days a week. still, be nice to have it all to yourself, id never share a house with strangers or someone i couldnt relate to

yea i wouldnt mind the isolation in kerry though, just freelance from the house and be as loud as you want. i tell you there must be some weird fecks down there, inbreds, be like Deliverance i imagine

Thanks guys, 'specially Zupi for that really kind offer. My email is dazonatrip@hotmail.com
Dublin is probably the easiest for starting work, but then isn't Cork the HQ of Apple Europe? I have a good feeling about Cork.
I've heard Limerick is a shithole so I might try there just to be a bit daft.
I could just live in a cottage in the middle of nowhere with me own studio and work from home.
Tis great to see all your wise, honest words.

zupi_clone said:
yea, its best to get a house or a decent apartment with 3 beds or more, €1200 between 2 is a bit too much. one my mates Sean has a 2 bed house on upper leeson st for 1100, so himself and his girlfriend has one room, and he has all his gear in the other. the plan is a 4 bed house for 1200-1300 between 3.

and they say my rent is expensive.. o_O

"750 a month and you'd pay that for a one bed apt in ballymun ffs!!"

Compared to my four-night rate of 280, it's even cheap :tickled:

But yeah, these prices Ikea mentioned are just atrocious, what the fuck? Dublin is not that posh after all.

So what about the rates in your country? I'm renting a one-room mini-apartment for about 220, including the utilities, the phone and the net are another 60, so it's about 280 altogether.

yogidaz said:
Thanks guys, 'specially Zupi for that really kind offer. My email is dazonatrip@hotmail.com
Dublin is probably the easiest for starting work, but then isn't Cork the HQ of Apple Europe? I have a good feeling about Cork.
I've heard Limerick is a shithole so I might try there just to be a bit daft.
I could just live in a cottage in the middle of nowhere with me own studio and work from home.
Tis great to see all your wise, honest words.

no bother, i'll email you on that, after next month. im also moving house (parents) at the moment, 4km from here, which is countryside, about 50 mins from Dublin. that will be by 11th March, the day after dead can dance play! dunc knows the score down here anyway, i hate it, (the town of Athy i.e) he liked it, so its like what bambi said. ill be going back into the city in march anyway.

HQ of Apple yea, thats 12km outside Cork city, but youd need to know someone in there to buy the fecking things at 25% less. they wont resell to anyone, same old story, theyre put together here with the parts brought in from Shannon airport from US, then shipped to UK for storage, and shipped back in here to the resellers at sterling to euro prices! we should be getting them here at dollar to euro prices! thats ireland for you

yea well, i tell you, a cottage in an isolated place would be far cheaper than dublin! (€60 -€ 100 a week approx) its just for work reasons, to be out of the vacuum etc, that most of us have to do it, for now anyway. the average wage for qualified work here, is anything from €450-€1000 a week, so the €1200 a month rent is manageable (nice houses too!) minimum wage is €7/hour but its going up to €8/hour , that would be for supermarket work, corner shop job. most of the asian/students take that sort of work

wise? we're dodgy as fuck us lot! :tickled:

you could of pm'd your email addy there to me, you've now left yourself open to a mong attack!

zupi_clone said:
Macs are the best, arent they bambi? bambi loves them too
appletwobuttons.jpg

and you hear the same gobsheens go on about how great linux is, ive a breand new server running redhat and the bastard thing decides to freeze randomly every week, nothing in the logfiles of course though. Wouldnt happen with a windows 2003 server i tell ye

zupi_clone said:
no bother, i'll email you on that, after next month. im also moving house (parents) at the moment, 4km from here, which is countryside, about 50 mins from Dublin. that will be by 11th March, the day after dead can dance play! dunc knows the score down here anyway, i hate it, (the town of Athy i.e) he liked it, so its like what bambi said. ill be going back into the city in march anyway.

HQ of Apple yea, thats 12km outside Cork city, but youd need to know someone in there to buy the fecking things at 25% less. they wont resell to anyone, same old story, theyre put together here with the parts brought in from Shannon airport from US, then shipped to UK for storage, and shipped back in here to the resellers at sterling to euro prices! we should be getting them here at dollar to euro prices! thats ireland for you

yea well, i tell you, a cottage in an isolated place would be far cheaper than dublin! (€60 -€ 100 a week approx) its just for work reasons, to be out of the vacuum etc, that most of us have to do it, for now anyway. the average wage for qualified work here, is anything from €450-€1000 a week, so the €1200 a month rent is manageable (nice houses too!) minimum wage is €7/hour but its going up to €8/hour , that would be for supermarket work, corner shop job. most of the asian/students take that sort of work

wise? we're dodgy as fuck us lot! :tickled:

you could of pm'd your email addy there to me, you've now left yourself open to a mong attack!
Shit i hope i havent lost me ticket for dcd, better have a look :erk:

As a dub i wouldnt live in cork city as its full of people from cork :tickled: (manc vs scouse type thing there i guess).

Limerick is very nice outside of the city, down around the shannon is lovely, but the city is just depressing and full of shams. My old man has a theory its mostly the old garrison towns, like limerick, that are depressing places o_O

Also bear in mind you can live outside dublin in rural areas and still commute to work. Bit of a pain if its rush hour, i wouldnt mind living up in the wicklow mountains or north county dublin, shite even lucan has its share of woods etc

zupi_clone said:
I get mong attacks anyway. I'm so much of a mong meself that I just feel comfortable thinking other mongs might love me.
'bout Apple, I was thinking more about working for them. They need sorting out at the company. The computers are sound, but the organisation is not up to scratch. They're such a mess, surely you'd only have to have half a brain to go in there and sort them out.
There's other ideas aswell. I love photography, I've got a few thousand photos in my library from the travelling around and shit. I've got reasonable design skills (I think) so hopefully I'll be alright. Don't know exactly what to do yet but that's the beauty of choice. I still wanna work on my music with the SEROTONAL guys of course, but I just don't want to live in the U.K. anymore.
Where d'you live at the mo?

Bambi said:
Shit i hope i havent lost me ticket for dcd, better have a look :erk:

As a dub i wouldnt live in cork city as its full of people from cork :tickled: (manc vs scouse type thing there i guess).

Limerick is very nice outside of the city, down around the shannon is lovely, but the city is just depressing and full of shams. My old man has a theory its mostly the old garrison towns, like limerick, that are depressing places o_O

Also bear in mind you can live outside dublin in rural areas and still commute to work. Bit of a pain if its rush hour, i wouldnt mind living up in the wicklow mountains or north county dublin, shite even lucan has its share of woods etc

yea, ive been thinking where i left mine too :confused: , ah the cork knackers are bad, waterford bla heads too :erk: they make this small round bread down there called 'bla'

yogidaz said:
I get mong attacks anyway. I'm so much of a mong meself that I just feel comfortable thinking other mongs might love me.
'bout Apple, I was thinking more about working for them. They need sorting out at the company. The computers are sound, but the organisation is not up to scratch. They're such a mess, surely you'd only have to have half a brain to go in there and sort them out.
There's other ideas aswell. I love photography, I've got a few thousand photos in my library from the travelling around and shit. I've got reasonable design skills (I think) so hopefully I'll be alright. Don't know exactly what to do yet but that's the beauty of choice. I still wanna work on my music with the SEROTONAL guys of course, but I just don't want to live in the U.K. anymore.
Where d'you live at the mo?

ah there was a few mong attacks reported last night i heard, mong location unknown

working for them eh? havent looked at the irish site in a while, could be an option aye. check your inbox