AU->VST wrapper?!?!?

Jan 10, 2005
I can find a VST->AU wrapper from fxpansion, but that is about it. I need something that can wrap AU to VST. Anyone?

~006

Why lawl? It's true, I have it on very good authority.

Apple can't stop it. I know it is technically possible. It will happen. Fuck Apple, let them lose in court. I am sick of their shit on so many levels. If Mac OS X wasn't by far the best OS out there I would have already jumped ship.

Apple can't stop it. I know it is technically possible. It will happen. Fuck Apple, let them lose in court. I am sick of their shit on so many levels. If Mac OS X wasn't by far the best OS out there I would have already jumped ship.

Seriously mate, FXpansion, who made the wrapper... they aren't allowed to make a AU-VST wrapper, even though they could easily create it. Apple have a contract that dictates that they aren't allowed to do AU-VST... so why would Apple let another company do it, and not FXpansion...

Bear in mind that Apple don't want you to be able to use their plugins inside another host. It's pretty much the same for Digidesign also, which is why you'll also never see a RTAS-VST wrapper, which is also technically possible.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense to me - Apple makes and owns everything related to the AU standard (I assume), so I can totally see why they wouldn't wanna license it for a (legit, legal) wrapper, similar to the aforementioned Digidesign.

But it's okay, because they have icons that get big when you move your mouse over them and you can be all smug about everything for no good reason.

Why lawl? It's true, I have it on very good authority.

Let me guess, you beta-tested their iBluff unsubstantiated-claim-generator?

Jeff

Heh. Nope. Actually, I work for an audio software company.

Metaltastic; you know this, because I already told you once before in a private message.

I'm sorry to say that the chances of Apple allowing an AU-VST wrapper are very slim. Likewise with Digidesign allowing an RTAS-VST wrapper.

Oh, so since you told him in a private message, it must be true!

It's lawl because I don't give a fuck anymore.

~006