Audio to midi

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
I have to register over 40 songs in the SGAE (Spanish Copyright Institution), and they ask for lyrics and transcriptions. Up to now I have done it using MIDI editor and the Pencil option (I do not play keyboards), but for so many tracks is a hell! So I was thinking in a software which I can record guitar and then convert it to midi. I only need the main tune, just to indentify the song, don't need a complex thing.
I've done a serach on google and there are many, some of them even do a polyphonic conversion (I don't believe they work well).
Any of you have worked with software like this? Any recommendation?

I've used Celemony melondyne for turning drum tracks in audio to midi so this program seems to do what your asking for, I'm sure there are others on this forum that have more experience with this program
____
Seán

There is another plug-in out there that does audio->MIDI conversion and is completely free and works great. I used it quite a bit back in the day and can't remember the name of it to save my life right now. It had three sections with the same parameters, with which you could calibrate to make MIDI out of a track with say, three instruments on it that you wanted to convert. For example, you would use band-passing to filter out each instrument, say on a drum track that was already bounced. I never used that feature, never needed to, I only needed one track converted to MIDI so it was pretty straightforward and easy. I'll have to look for the name though.

BTW: Yes, this was basically a tease until I figure out the name, haha.

~e.a