Convert .wav to midi?

sk8a123

Dec 13, 2010
hey guys do any of you know of a vst to convert .wav files to midi? I've been looking around and can't seem to find one. I'm mainly going to be converting individual drum tracks to midi to quantize and use the midi with kontakt. thanks!

If you use Reaper, I believe you can use ReaGate to fire off midi notes on a per track basis, though I am not certain if you'd need to manually construct a single MIDI file, or if you could use a multi-channel routing config.

But, it's free so why not give it a whirl!

Drumagog.
I'm pretty sure drumagog can't convert .wav to midi

If you use Reaper, I believe you can use ReaGate to fire off midi notes on a per track basis, though I am not certain if you'd need to manually construct a single MIDI file, or if you could use a multi-channel routing config.

But, it's free so why not give it a whirl!

I also do use reaper so i'll try that!

- That's the whole point of Drumagog. Most people do the sample replacement there and then, but unless something's changed it can definitely spit out MIDI.

- Since you're using Reaper, though, it does come with a triggering plugin. Just type in "trigger" in the effect list.

- That's the whole point of Drumagog. Most people do the sample replacement there and then, but unless something's changed it can definitely spit out MIDI.

- Since you're using Reaper, though, it does come with a triggering plugin. Just type in "trigger" in the effect list.

Just checked out drumagog and realized you can assign them to a piano roll. thanks, but is there to export the drums as a midi file?

I have used Melodyne to turn in a simple guitar di to midi before. I had to clean the midi up quite a bit.

There's a tutorial in Production Tips on how to do that with Reaper for drum replacement. But if you're only looking to fire off a single midi note I guess that's pretty much spot on.

Easy dude.

In reaper, add "Stillwell Trigger" (comes with it).. Assign what midi note you want it to be on, then right click media---->Apply track FX to new items as new take (MIDI output).. Boom