Audio Trip...

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
... Any music that Spins you out??

(I'm not talking about taking drugs and then listening to music. I mean music that you can put on headphones and be totally submerged in and float around your consciousness...)

Metalized, this thread is probably not for you, it's too open-minded. :D :D :D :D

Tool - Reflections.
Spiral Architect - Cloud Constructor (...the end, from where the bass and guitar-harmonic bridge comes in, right up untill the end of the song, that middle-easter ending is awesome)

Days of the new - Fairly much the whole -FIRST- album, especially the secret track.

The tea party - Lullaby, A certain slant of light, Innana, fairly much ANY of their stuff is great.

Alchemist - Road to Ubar. HELL YEAH. this song is awesome.

AnyThiNg eLse??

Originally posted by Trapped
... Any music that Spins you out??

(I'm not talking about taking drugs and then listening to music. I mean music that you can put on headphones and be totally submerged in and float around your consciousness...)

Metalized, this thread is probably not for you, it's too open-minded. :D :D :D :D

Tool - Reflections.
Spiral Architect - Cloud Constructor (...the end, from where the bass and guitar-harmonic bridge comes in, right up untill the end of the song, that middle-easter ending is awesome)

Days of the new - Fairly much the whole -FIRST- album, especially the secret track.

The tea party - Lullaby, A certain slant of light, Innana, fairly much ANY of their stuff is great.

Alchemist - Road to Ubar. HELL YEAH. this song is awesome.

AnyThiNg eLse??
Is cloud constructor the only SA song you have heard? I can make a copy of the CD for you if you want...

I have heard the whole CD. It's great.

Cloud constructor, Insect, Fountainhead all stand out... But Cloud Constructor is an amazing song.

It's a REALLY good album.

Tiamat - 'In A Dream', 'Wildhoney', 'A Deeper Kind of Slumber' (the whole albums)

Tori Amos - Carnival (that's one of the very few songs from her I know, so I don't know if other songs are also good)

Devin Townsend??

I hope you mean anything OTHER than strapping...! :D

I can't really see how you could be submerged in DETOX !!

:lol:

Originally posted by Trapped
Devin Townsend??

I hope you mean anything OTHER than strapping...! :D

I can't really see how you could be submerged in DETOX !!

:lol:

Woops!!
Good observation there Trapped...
Though I can offer a good explanation...
I discovered Townsend not through Strapping Young Lad but Ocean Machine and Infinity, etc.
So when I think of Devin I think of those records and not SYL! :lol:
Hey, 'City' is a trip in itself! What an emotional record...

Originally posted by Raven777

Hey, 'City' is a trip in itself! What an emotional record...

Yes, exactly! You are right. There are songs at the end of 'City' that make me fell like I was in some another world. I mean the songs after 'Detox' like 'Aaa' or 'Underneath The Waves'. Amazing record!

As for Ocean Machine... It is strange but this record doesn't cause such emotions in me and I don't know why...

City is a fucking amazing record. All Hail the New Flesh fills me with so much energy its rediculous. I have taken numerous hot showers while listening to that album on my stereo and been cold in the shower because it's just so damn good I get chills up my back over and over again.

Bands/songs that take me without the use of drugs(not that I do any drugs anyway) are:

Tool- Schism(4:20 into in the song I start getting REALLY into it, 4:35 i get more into it, then at 5:20 until about 6:00 i'm just like a corpse with a blank look on my face and i'm just fucking gone. And it's exactly the same, if not better, live. Tool is fucking INTENSE AS HELL live)

Opeth- The Drapery Falls

Nevermore- The Heart Collector, In Memory, Matricide, C.B.F.