August West Coast tour Cancelled

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
Hey everyone, I just got an email from the promoter about the August tour on the West Coast. It looks like it will not be happening now. Here's the email, i'm removing the name of the promoter company...

<<Due to some uncontrollable and unforeseen circumstances [removed] Productions regrets to inform you that as of tonight all shows are canceled. We have tried to work things out so that all venues could be booked on time and all shows would go as planned but certain bands did not comply with some things that were needed in order to book the shows making it impossible to close with venues other than Phoenix. After careful consideration we have decided that it simply is not worth flying multiple bands around for only one show as it would almost be a guaranteed loss of more money than has already been lost in this venture. We apologize for the late notice and any inconvenience this might have caused. We would have let you know earlier but we were waiting for confirmation from our co-producers.

Once again we apologize for these unfortunate events and hope that these events do not reflect badly on our working relationship in the future.>>

Well, this sucks. We were really looking forward to making it out to the west coast. This tour is not happening, but we will get out west sooner or later. Sorry to anyone else who was looking forward to this as well.

That certainly is a disappointment for sure. But, we still have very good news to report soon that will ultimately affect the future of this band in a positive way, and I'm most certain we'll be getting out west to perform in the near future, as well as the rest of the country. Plus, these days we are getting new offers all the time for potential tours and shows, so who knows where we'll actually pop up next to play!
We apologise to anyone who had seriously planned to see us on the west coast in August. We'll be out there soon, we promise! Meanwhile, everyone stay tuned for our big announcements coming up a.s.a.p!

Haha, well I don't drink so no beers for me anyhow, but a nice Cranberry or Ginger Ale would be appreciated thanks!

Seriously though, I'm eager to get out and play as many places as possible all over, but we've always had really good shows when on the east coast...NJ, D.C., Massachusetts, etc. all bring back fond memories.

well, whether it is in arizona or in Albuquerque(my temp home for 1 year of job training), I will make sure to see November's doom when you finally come thru to promote the new stuff.

I will have to watch others drink the beer as I haven't drank since 3/3/98. It was so funny watching the Inhume guys offering to buy a round of drinks and I told them I only needed a sprite.:loco: o_O

Larry: you fucking rock and I had something more relevant to say but I'm too trashed to remember what it was.

oh yeah.. and Mike too. Whatever has me this wasted, I'll try to bring some to the next show! wooooooooo

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
We should be getting out on the road after the new album is released, I'm sure. The East Coast has always been fantastic for us so I'm most sure we'll be touring there again.

Same deal here, Larry.
Whats the timeframe for you guys as far as US/Euro release of the next cd?
Were recording with Neil starting August 7th, and we're assuming a Nov/Dec European - Jan/Feb US release for us...
I'd love it if we could play a show together somewhere outside of Chicago. That would be grand.

Usurper Dan said:
Tom, only if you give us ALL manicures, and we can use your shower/towels.
You wanna play? you gotta PAY!
HA!
Wu Tang Financial, beeeyotch!
:lol:

Tom, if you need files for the manicures, I can provide that, teehee. My towels are not in use right now, so they are all fresh and purrrrty. Lemme know if I need to send you a care package.:loco:

Usurper Dan said:
Same deal here, Larry.
Whats the timeframe for you guys as far as US/Euro release of the next cd?
Were recording with Neil starting August 7th, and we're assuming a Nov/Dec European - Jan/Feb US release for us...
I'd love it if we could play a show together somewhere outside of Chicago. That would be grand.
The plan right now is to record the new album in October. No clue though on what the release date would be, other than to say it'd be in early 2005. If I understand correctly, both the European and US release dates should be simultaneous.

It's not unlikely that we'll get to play together again sometime. Outside of Chicago would definitely be nice, but I enjoyed playing with Usurper last time at the Bottom Lounge as well. I don't mind playing here as long as it's a good bill!

Tom: I live a heck of a lot closer to you now. We should start a Novembers Doom cover band.