Australian Interview with Daniel

Has anyone been to any shows yet? I'm curious about merch, what it looks like and prices.

$40 for t-shirts.

There's three t-shirts, one with the NitND cover art (http://katatonia.com/images/head.jpg) on the front + the band logo (not the plain text, the better one) and tour dates on the back. Another was a dead looking tree (something along those lines), and another which was girl only sizes was some sort of angel... or something, didn't really pay attention to that one.

There were photos of the US tour merch kicking around here a few months back. Same shirts here but there is only 3. I got "our graves above the timberline" and "Every waking hour is part of the lie". Did any one the the one with the album art on the front? If so does it have tour dates on it?

I've always thought doom Metal doesn't come across well live. Now I think that was probably because I had never seen a good doom band play before. Despite being a warm sunny Friday arvo, Katatonia put on an amazing show. Anders was on fire! So much synchronized blond head banging, jonas sounded fantastic. There were some funny moments with beer. Can't wait for the show tomorrow.

Katie, I got your message from my friend Rob. thats really random the you two ran into each other. How small is the world?

There were about 6 other Kata shirts on the barrier. Mostly new shirts, one guy in a DO shirt. Anyone from here?

Also I think we should have a Sydney kata forum meet up. In front of the sound desk about 5 or 10 minits after they get off stage. From there we can discuss the potential to have post Katatonia food and/or beverages. Who's in?

The guy in the Discouraged Ones shirt is my band's guitarist, who calls himself the-great-cold-distance here at UM and posted just above you! So there you go!

Also, doom is amazing live, but obviously Katatonia are a bit more rocky these days, and that REALLY comes across well live. It was heavy, clear and amazing. The Melbourne show was awesome. We left afterwards though. The other bands in the festival were terrible and we didn't want to wait five hours or whatever for Megadeth.

Also I think we should have a Sydney kata forum meet up. In front of the sound desk about 5 or 10 minits after they get off stage. From there we can discuss the potential to have post Katatonia food and/or beverages. Who's in?

I'm down with that. Considering getting there early and braving the first three bands to be front row for Katatonia. I'll have my Brave Murder Day shirt on. So excited :D. How likely is it to find/meet the band? hmmmmmm.

Damn it. I met some one off the forum and didn't even know. Requiem were you up the front too? See you in a few hours matt. I think you do have a chance of meeting the guys today. Some people met them in melbourne out in the crowd before the show.

Also nice work for geting dan's drum stick TGCG.

Was a great performance. The guys seemed to be having a great time. Jonas and Daniel were both quite sunburnt haha!
The setlist was perfect for 45mins. Was great to meet and get pics with Daniel and Per after the show. Thanks so much guys!

BTW: You guys both forgot "The Longest Year" off you set-list, pretty sure it was between 'My Twin' and 'Tear Gas'

Oh and to add: Someone behind me caught the set-list. One song was crossed off in black marker....'Saw You Drown' oh well.

rodney.sedgwick

http://www.facebook.com/rodney.sedg...4502&set=t.546344502&pid=5778284&id=546344502

My friend got a couple of videos too which she has put online. How friendly was Daniel? Funny thing was my boyfriend said to me earlier in the day "wow I just saw a guy rocking a side part and a mo" and afterwards he realised it was Daniel.

Now suffering post Katatonia depression. Nothing this year can be better than those 40 minutes....

I was trying to spot Eve at the Melbourne show but only later when I met a friend of hers he said she had on a hat, which is why I couldn't see her.

How did rob know I had a hat on? I never even saw hin in melbourne. Lol.

Brisbane show was good. Sydney was the best of the 3 I think. Today we had grim and frostbitten weather. It would have been fitting if they had played Saw You Drown. Brisbane has been having some kind of subtropical downpour all day. Got Sodomizer's set list this time. It's the only thing from the gig that isn't driping anymore.

My friend got a couple of videos too which she has put online. How friendly was Daniel? Funny thing was my boyfriend said to me earlier in the day "wow I just saw a guy rocking a side part and a mo" and afterwards he realised it was Daniel.

Now suffering post Katatonia depression. Nothing this year can be better than those 40 minutes....

I was trying to spot Eve at the Melbourne show but only later when I met a friend of hers he said she had on a hat, which is why I couldn't see her.

Good thing the year will be over soon :p. I agree though, not much will top that. And meeting Daniel and Sodomizer was just epic.

I'm currently (slowly) uploading my video of July. It has shaky cam because I was compelled to headbang at the same time. :)

Damn it. I met some one off the forum and didn't even know. Requiem were you up the front too?

I watched the band from back a bit and on the other side of the stage. I walked straight over to where the-great-cold-distance was at the end though. I was wearing a black and grey Alternative 4 shirt. Did you see me?