We Must Bury You

katatonic_fear said:
Ghost of the Sun is a fantastic song, I just find the background screams to be sorta un-Katatonia-ish. I also like everything about We Must Bury You, it's just that those high vocals seem a little to forced and out of place. For those who think I hate the songs altogether, that is not the case. Both songs are great, just those little parts...Besides, those things are the only thing about Katatonia I've ever had complaints with, other than the fact they still haven't put out a DVD!!!!!!!!

Define Katatonia-ish then.

We must bury you might be a bit hard to understand, programmed drums, odd seemingly straight lyrics and so on, I absolutely love that chorus, but I see your point since that song has always been a bit odd. I think Ghost of the Sun kicks major ass, including the scream/growl vox.

Hi to all first, Im new at this forum, I've been reading it for a couple of times, then I thought what the heck, I'm addicted by this Katatonia :headbang: .

My opinion on We must bury you : It made me listen to the whole LFDGD, it's a very good song. You grow to it with every listen :) .

Cheers

Forever_Failure said:
Hi to all first, Im new at this forum, I've been reading it for a couple of times, then I thought what the heck, I'm addicted by this Katatonia :headbang: .

My opinion on We must bury you : It made me listen to the whole LFDGD, it's a very good song. You grow to it with every listen :) .

Cheers

Welcome to the Katatonia forum...looking forward to reading more posts from you!!! :wave:

Jinn said:
Aye! That, my friends, is a good man! *points to valafar*

Jinn.....your getting out of character........haha...
Agreed though...WTF is wrong with the vocals in those songs.....they are done well....jonas is hittin that shit well...and the scream is appropriate....I dont know why some people think they arent good.
The first time I heard We Must Bury You I did think it was different....and odd...hmmmm.... different and odd....most of my favorite shit is different and odd...
And personally I like the Drum Machine in that song....I know they did it after the rest of the CD was done and it was something Jonas wanted to do....Daniel was already out of the studio and back home so it was kind of out of necessity but I think it is awesome....do I think they should do it all the time ....no....but I had an obsession with that song for a long time...the lyrics arent Jonas's personal stuff either.....its from an outside source (newspaper I believe)and I think that might have something to do with why the vocals ended up that way....I think its the shit...

I like Katatonia.
I like LFDGD.
Therefore, I like "We must bury you"
There are very few songs of Kat's catalog that aren't up to par, but
WMBU kicks sassafrass.