I've heard new Katatonia!!!

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
My friend has just got Katatonia - Ghost of the Sun mini CD from the kind people from Peaceville and we listened to it twice and we are both B L O W N A W A Y ! ! !

I only thing I'll say about the title track is that it contains a SCREAM in the chorus.

The songs/riffing is tighter, the guitars are heavier than EVER before and needless to say Renkse's vocals are even better.

Criminals is awesome, and so is Evidence.

People, this is THE ONE. The definite, THE ULTIMATE Katatonia release. The one we've all waited for.
When Viva Emptiness will be out on March 24th, buy it and be sure to tell ALL YOUR FRIENDS about it. Buy them one by yourself if you have some extra savings. Tell all your enemies about it also(if you have enough ones;)).
Their time has come, and they deserve ALL THE ATTENTION they can get. If We, the Fans, can't make it, nobody can!
So come on, Opeth made it, so will Katatonia. It's up to ourselves!

And I somehow feel, with the new The Gathering and the forthcoming Anathema release they will made it too, and that 2003 will be a very special year to all of us.
Shine on!

Reactions: Melancholia
Ive only heard the Evidence sampler and i surely do like the new heaviness and darker feeling Katatonia has on the song. I refrain from downloading anything else I wanna hear the rest of the album as a whole. I just have to be patient.

No, I'm not offended I just don't like cursing in music. Yes i know they have a few songs with "fuck" in them but I don't even notice them when listening to the songs. I think it makes the chorus of "Ghost of the Sun" sound cheesy. Honestly, dont you think they could have chosen some better words?

I don't particularly care for swearing in music either. The occassional one here and there, like in previous Katatonia songs, is ok, but much more than that and it starts sounding lame. Brings back too many memories of Guns 'n' Roses......... (they swore so much, it just became a joke) ;)

Originally posted by Scourge of Malice
No, I'm not offended I just don't like cursing in music. Yes i know they have a few songs with "fuck" in them but I don't even notice them when listening to the songs. I think it makes the chorus of "Ghost of the Sun" sound cheesy. Honestly, dont you think they could have chosen some better words?

I feel the same way, especially for a band whose lyrics have always hit close to home and have captured a wide range of emotions. It can be apropos sometimes, like in Had To Leave...

Getting back to the topic- the samples do sound pretty good. Of course it's very difficult to tell, especially on the tinny sounds of a laptop, but it doesn't seem all that different to LFDGD, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I can't FUCKING wait. How's that for profanity? Motherfuckers...

And Jon, how's it going? It's been a while....

From the few songs I have heard, Ghost of the sun, Sleeper, Criminals, A Premonition and The last track.

I am not sure whether the newer style is as magic to me as my first listen of LFDGD, I adore that album and haven't had the same feeling with the new stuff, it still has the catchiness, I find myself singing "He went to far the Fucker" all the time, I can't help it.

;)

The four songs I've heard from Viva Emptiness are good, however LFDGD is by far better.

I also felt the use of obscenities was really cheesy. Oh well. At least it's new Katatonia. It's new. It's Katatonia. That's a good thing, people.

I agree with the profanity thing... it´s not that im offended I just find extreamly cheesy... teen angst also comes to mind... :)