I've heard new Katatonia!!!

For those who have heard full songs (I imagine there are some of you, somehow), just how do the songs stack up as far as Katatonia are concerned?

Last Fair Deal Gone Down is a masterpiece in my opinion- in fact, their best album. So I suppose I'm suspecting a fair bit from the new release.

Any opinions thus far? (Apart from the one already offered- sorry can't remember the name)

requiem said:
For those who have heard full songs (I imagine there are some of you, somehow), just how do the songs stack up as far as Katatonia are concerned?

Last Fair Deal Gone Down is a masterpiece in my opinion- in fact, their best album. So I suppose I'm suspecting a fair bit from the new release.

Any opinions thus far? (Apart from the one already offered- sorry can't remember the name)

It's individual taste I guess, I am listening everyday and it is becoming more agreeable everyday, I haven't heard a track that competes with "tonight's Music" yet though which is my fave song of Katatonia's
:D

My promo copy did indeed arrive this morning. I got the 3 track sampler a week ago and since then I've been truly excited about hearing this album. Well I only had a chance to hear the first 5 tracks this morning, 2 of which I'd already heard, but so far I'd say it's fucking masterful!

Really amazing stuff!

Expect a review on www.sonicdeath.co.uk within the week.

requiem said:

Not owning LFDGD, I can't comment, but I have 'Tonights Decision' and 'Brave Murder Day', and whilst I really like both of those for different reasons, I am just really taken by the new album so far. Stunning beyond doubt, and better than those two so far...however...the new one is a lot more instant, so how it fairs over time I cannot say, but I can't see myself getting tired of it any time soon - I had the 3 track sampler on repeat for ages last week!

"It contains profanity". Oh really? And that's a bad thing? Some of you got used a bit too much to those self-pity lines or what?

Anders & co. are ANGRY. Finally...
That's why it :headbang: so much, and the music is heavier+tighter=better.

Originally posted by Scourge of Malice
geez the chorus of "Ghost of the Sun" contains both "fuckin" and "shit"

What is this?? kiddie music? I mean come on. Profanity are just words that describe emotions as do other words. If it wasn't for the fact you were raised hearing "oh don't say that, that's bad", it would be as meaningless as any other words you found meaningless for lack of a better way to put it. I cuss on a normal basis, it's a part of my language, my culture, my identity. If you wanna bash on that fine, but it's just the same for bashing on the way somebody looks, smells, and thinks. If it's ugly, oh heaven forbid something is ugly!

I cursed sorry! I love hearing "fuck" every once in a while. It really gets the point across and hits hard saying" this is serious" . Any churchboyz who think cursing is an unproperly chosin word shouldnt even be on this board. There is an nsync board isnt there. No hard feelings these are just opinions people.

:rolleyes: Well, it's seems some people missed the point of what was being said.
'Fuck' is a major part of my vocabulary, and I don't think anyone has said they find it offensive, just that it can be cheesy when over used. As Orca said, using it now and then adds impact, but it can be over done (not saying that Katatonia have overdone it, because I don't have the new album yet).

And Orca, I fail to see why people that don't like swearing shouldn't be on this board? What does that have to do with anything? :p

i just bumped into this thread, and it was surely funny to remember how it was 3.5 years ago listening to these 3 songs for the first time.. :)

and btw, my mom's favorite Katatonia track is Ghost Of The Sun. O the profanity.. :)

you're gonna get roasted for bumping this thread ;) anyway, funny reading. this was about the time I first heard kata I guess. I listened a bit to VE, threw it away and then listened to it again a few months later. And here I am :cool:

you're gonna get roasted for bumping this thread ;) anyway, funny reading. this was about the time I first heard kata I guess. I listened a bit to VE, threw it away and then listened to it again a few months later. And here I am :cool:

I remember hearing LFDGD and Discouraged Ones and not thinking much of them but still gave VE a chance upon its release. Again, I wasn't impressed and the disc ended up collecting dust for a few months until one day a few months later I gave it another chance. To say I finally 'got' Katatonia that day is an understatement. I've been a big fan ever since...

VE seems to be one of those dust-collecting albums that winds up overwhelming. Maybe it's the tracklist as well. If it would've opened with Criminals or Complicity right away I might've gotten stuck.

VE seems to be one of those dust-collecting albums that winds up overwhelming. Maybe it's the tracklist as well. If it would've opened with Criminals or Complicity right away I might've gotten stuck.

Yeah, I'm still not a big fan of Ghost of the Sun. In fact, whenever I listen to VE I usually start with Sleeper.

Hmm, when I first heard VE that was one of my favorite tracks. Not a fav anymore, though I still like it.