I've heard new Katatonia!!!

and btw, my mom's favorite Katatonia track is Ghost Of The Sun. O the profanity..

I avoid my mum listening to that one; but on the same album I have to keep convincing my mum that evidence is not a cover - but a song written by the artist

I admit when I first heard it, it felt like I heard it before

I started reading this thread thinking it was current...LOL!!!
Anyway yeah, Viva is probably my least favourite album of theirs...aside from Evidence...and Omerta...and Inside The City Of Glass...and One Year from Now...and Burn The Rememberance...and Walking By A Wire...and A Preminition...ok so its killer. They just have even better ones!!! :)

lol VE sounds nothing like nu metal, and around 2003 nu metal was pretty much dead(nu metal's golden age was 1996-2001)

unnecessary swearing? check.
terrible rhyming? check.
vocabulary of a ten year old? check.
screamed backing vocals? check.

By the way i'm talking about European music scene which is not same with Usa.VE is so different comprared to other albums(includes TGCD).I loved the LFDGD but when i listened VE i was kinda dissapointed.In my opinion VE hasnt got katatonic soul comprared to other albums.Its my musical taste after all.I'm a oldskool doom metal fan but i also like gothic and darkwave and VE is out of my musical tastes.

hey guys,

i didn't want to disturb anyone with recovering this old thread, i'm sorry if i confused anyone. i just thought it was sort of funny to remind ourselves what were our first reactions upon hearing those 3 tracks.

cheerz!

unnecessary swearing? check.
terrible rhyming? check.
vocabulary of a ten year old? check.
screamed backing vocals? check.

By the way i'm talking about European music scene which is not same with Usa.VE is so different comprared to other albums(includes TGCD).I loved the LFDGD but when i listened VE i was kinda dissapointed.In my opinion VE hasnt got katatonic soul comprared to other albums.Its my musical taste after all.I'm a oldskool doom metal fan but i also like gothic and darkwave and VE is out of my musical tastes.

Oic gongratz for quoting All_sins_undone deep analysis of the nu-metalization of Katatonia. Hope you weren't being serious about that

b48.jpg