Australian metal zines/webpages

werock.se

New Metal Member
Jun 17, 2007
Sweden
www.werock.se
Hi there,

Im the webmaster of Swedish metalzine, Werock.se. Right now we have one of our writers inte Australia. Im trying to find out how to get him into concerts over there, getting in touch with distributors, record companys and so on to perform interviews etc. etc.

So I was just wondering if anyone here knows what forums, zines, promotors, distributors etc. etc. there are in Australia? And how to get in touch with them (URL's to their site would be helpful).

Our guy is in Sydney so information mainly on that area would be preferred :)

This is as good a place as any to ask this, does anyone know of any Australian distros that focus more on doom and traditional metal instead of death/black/thrash? Most of the ones that I've seen recently seem to pretty much just carry death/black/thrash.

For interviews I would hit the bands forums as more often than not you will get responses from the bands, even bigger named Australian artists such as The Berzerker tend to respond to messages over myspace.

If you want a entertainment company that are in touch with most of the artists, I would contact Welkin entertainment. welkin.entertainment@gmail.com works I believe, they would also know how to contact other organisers and bands if they cannot.

There is also an in-progress wiki on Australian metal.

www.ausmetalguide.com

In addition www.hailmetal.com is a large Australian run webpage devoted to metal.