Avalerion - Lost At Sea (Melodeath Mix)

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
Hey all,

Wanted to see if anyone could provide any input on this mix I have for some stuff being released. I'm pretty happy with it so far albeit a few things I'm not stoked on (rhythm clarity, kick drum mistriggering) but would love an extra pair of ears. I'll be posting stems and all that fun stuff once it's released, thanks for your time!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxujldsc9wzs33m/Lost At Sea.mp3?dl=0

Pretty cool so far. The drums are too mechanical for my personal tast. I'd humanize them way more. But the overall sounds pretty organic.

Will you share the stems? :)

The mid range is pretty muddy to my opinion, and it's quite hard to tell the riffs the rythm guitars play sometimes, and the shells are quite loud to my taste in some parts!

I love it man!! You should seriously consider releasing an EP or something. Melodeath is getting really popular nowdays and your music has lots of quality to it. The mix has some issues, I dont like the drum tone so much (especially kick+snare) and the lead guitar definitely needs more space (delay and a little reverb i guess) imo. But what does matter most is the goddamn song man, it rules :) Congrats

Thanks everyone for your replies! I've taken it all into consideration and should have a new revision up tomorrow. After listening I definitely hear the issues, mostly around the guitar tone lacking clarity in the mids and the samples being balls. Stems will be up by the end of the week when I post the song officially. Cheers!

Reactions: Lupus1984