Willing to pay for completed stems, can not work with raw files, midi etc

keenly

New Metal Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hi everyone
I am searching the net for stems of any hard rock and metal songs.

I mean the completed stems, plugins, outboard processing etc. I am not an engineer or anything, just a fan with a home theater. A lot of the stuff people put up to mix on the metal forums have midi files and are the raw, unprocessed multis. I am not skilled enough to work with them.

I mean like this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0eeziupfhfcxks/Red Hot Chilli Peppers Dani California.zip?dl=0

Or even less. Ideally 4 drum stems, lead vocal, backgrounds, lead, rhythm guitar, bass effects. 8-10 stems if fine.
I know from Joe from Karhu put all the stems for his album on here. http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/mix-my-bands-album-for-fun.880355
but I have no idea what to do with raw files and midi files. I would love the completed stems for this.

There is also this list
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1676590
I would love the stems for these songs

I know some of you have already mixed these. If you can provide the stems I would willing to compensate you for the time. I tried to contact Joe directly via bandcamp but he is MIA.

I am interested in any metal, all you have to do with make audio files, you might even have them saved from previous mixes?

cheers

Last edited:
Might I ask for the purpose of this?
Hi

I mean buying stems instead of finished mixes. EG if there is anyone on here that has an album or EP on bandcamp, or has material completed, I would BUY STEMS to mix for my home theater(in surround) instead of buying a DL. Anything metal.

If somebody was offering an album DL for $10, I would offer $15 for the stems of that album(after listening to a sample). Or if a song is a couple of $ I am happy to contribute for stems for a single track. 50 tracks of raw multis are too much for me, I am a mere amateur.

Dream Theater offered stems for Black Clouds album on the deluxe edition for fans to mix themselves. Now most would do stereo mixes, but I like surround music, like Opeth's Still Life 5.0 mix.

I have actually learnt how to use midi files now I have Mixcraft Pro 7, but I still find them a pain. Stems that I can open in Audacity, with processing etc are ideal.

I really don't understand what you want, or maybe it's just I really can't see the point of it : What I get from what you say is you want for example the guitar buss, bass buss, drums buss and vocals buss, already processed, in order to "mix" them (which would just be balance in fact)?
If so, the tracks at Cambridge don't fall in that category, and as you seem OK with these, the tracks here in the practice room are just about the same (ie unprocessed raw tracks of recordings).
Anyway, the point of mixing is balancing the sounds, if I were you I'd start with simple songs, with few guitars and post-production, just balance the elements, you'll soon find yourself limited and will naturally come to experiment with other tools such as eq and others!
And if you don't get interested in that and just want a quick mix without having to process anything, I'm sorry to say I don't really think mixing is something for you...

I really don't understand what you want, or maybe it's just I really can't see the point of it : What I get from what you say is you want for example the guitar buss, bass buss, drums buss and vocals buss, already processed, in order to "mix" them (which would just be balance in fact)?
If so, the tracks at Cambridge don't fall in that category, and as you seem OK with these, the tracks here in the practice room are just about the same (ie unprocessed raw tracks of recordings).
Anyway, the point of mixing is balancing the sounds, if I were you I'd start with simple songs, with few guitars and post-production, just balance the elements, you'll soon find yourself limited and will naturally come to experiment with other tools such as eq and others!
And if you don't get interested in that and just want a quick mix without having to process anything, I'm sorry to say I don't really think mixing is something for you...

Don't bother replying then.

I'd love to help you with this, but what are you trying to accomplish with these stems? I'll send them for free if you can just give a reply as to what you plan on doing with them. I understand listening to finished stems to get an idea of how polished finished instruments sound in a mix, but you don't seem to be getting at that

I'd love to help you with this, but what are you trying to accomplish with these stems? I'll send them for free if you can just give a reply as to what you plan on doing with them. I understand listening to finished stems to get an idea of how polished finished instruments sound in a mix, but you don't seem to be getting at that

Sorry I didn't explain that part in my post, I thought I had, but evidently not. My bad. I should have made that clear.

I am collecting stems to arrange in surround for listening in my home theater, just like Opeth's Still Life in 5.0. Personal use only.

Here is an example of what I have done(if you have the speaker set up).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b1hzqtlxtbxptq/Killswitch Engage My curse.zip?dl=0

I have mixed some raw tracks but I am not great at that. I have a feel for arrangement, but not EQ, processing etc.
cheers

Sorry I didn't explain that part in my post, I thought I had, but evidently not. My bad. I should have made that clear.

I am collecting stems to arrange in surround for listening in my home theater, just like Opeth's Still Life in 5.0. Personal use only.

Here is an example of what I have done(if you have the speaker set up).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b1hzqtlxtbxptq/Killswitch Engage My curse.zip?dl=0

I have mixed some raw tracks but I am not great at that. I have a feel for arrangement, but not EQ, processing etc.
cheers

Sweet dude, I'll send you some mixed stems of a song I just finished tomorrow!

Reactions: keenly