AVGN

Pablokers

Huge Member
Feb 13, 2008
Hey fellow thrashers!

Some of you may know what those 4 letters stand for, for those of you that don´t they stand for "Angry Video Game Nerd". :)

I discovered him about a year ago while I was looking for castlevania (Nes) speed runs on youtube. He reviews predominantely NES games, but he also does some other ones from different platforms. It´s just really fun to watch a guy get angry whilst trying to play Castlevania II: Simon´s Quest.

If you´re anything like me and still play NES and love the old 8-bit and 16-bit stuff, these are deffinately videos you´ll be interested in.

Here´s his Homepage: http://cinemassacre.com/AVGN/Nes_Nerd.html

And a little sample from youtube:

Do you feel the power of the glove?!

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Yeah thats, a great one. I linked the power glove one, coz its one of my favourites. And I really enjoyed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles one coz I still have that game, and I remember how many fuckin hours I spent tryin to clear that underwater stage. haha

the problem wasnt the underwater stage itself. I could eventually complete that, its what comes AFTER that. it was just beyond impossible. plus all your turtles had hardly any power left by then.

I HATE that dying sound on the turtles game, I can hear it now. ARGH!

You mean the part where you go around int he van? And have no idea where the fuck to go? :lol:

Well I did get past the underwater stage eventually, but when I was older, when I was little I could never get past it, it was just impossible in my eyes. When your just a kid you dont really notice how crap the game is, you just think YOU are the one whos crap and cant complete the thing :D But hey, at least The second one and third where good games, thank god they learned after making the first one so aweful.
So what are youre favourite NES games Ol?
Mine are basically:
Contra, Megaman (any in the series), Double Dragon II, Ninja Gaiden all three, TNMNT II & III and of course Castlevania I & III, I have more, but those are just instant classics

Oh and have fun In HellFest, I was thinkin of goin. But even though I live next to france, its a long trip to Le Mans. Hope youre planning some tour thingy soon :)

I had Atari.I was like crazy.I was playing 10-11 hours a day.It was pretty awesome, but one day the adapter just turned into piece of shit.I liked Jackal, Super Mario('f course), a game with a tiny red car.I had to collet white cars,which are fuel.If some1 remember can he tell me the name ?
edit: LOOOL this TMNT review is so funny, i had a good laugh on those game bugs :D

You mean the part where you go around int he van? And have no idea where the fuck to go? :lol:

Well I did get past the underwater stage eventually, but when I was older, when I was little I could never get past it, it was just impossible in my eyes. When your just a kid you dont really notice how crap the game is, you just think YOU are the one whos crap and cant complete the thing :D But hey, at least The second one and third where good games, thank god they learned after making the first one so aweful.
So what are youre favourite NES games Ol?
Mine are basically:
Contra, Megaman (any in the series), Double Dragon II, Ninja Gaiden all three, TNMNT II & III and of course Castlevania I & III, I have more, but those are just instant classics

Oh and have fun In HellFest, I was thinkin of goin. But even though I live next to france, its a long trip to Le Mans. Hope youre planning some tour thingy soon :)

good choice!
My fave NES Games have to be:

Duck Tales
Castlevania
Ghostbusters 2
Mario 1-3
TMNT (even if thats only for like, 4 seconds)
Airwolf
Metroid
Smash TV (although Super Smash was way better- Snes)
To the Earth
Top Gun (no actually that sucked)
California Games
Afterburner (was that nes?)

although i think these are the only ones i had.

I love retrogames! Thats why I bought a Wii! The Virtual Console rules!

It's great as they have systems that were not released in all regions before so in the UK we get to sample the Turbografx 16 and everyone gets to try the ultra expensive Neo Geo classics and all that.

The Will is a Nes, Snes, N64, Game Cube, Master System, Mega Drive, Commodore 64, Turbografx 16 & Neo Geo all in one and more are being added soon!

good choice!
My fave NES Games have to be:

Duck Tales
Castlevania
Ghostbusters 2
Mario 1-3
TMNT (even if thats only for like, 4 seconds)
Airwolf
Metroid
Smash TV (although Super Smash was way better- Snes)
To the Earth
Top Gun (no actually that sucked)
California Games
Afterburner (was that nes?)

although i think these are the only ones i had.

Duck Tales! Fuck yeah! thats an awesome one too. Marios 3 is on my list too :). And I just remembered, "Adventure Island", I used to play this one for hours. Metroid, I only got introduced to it on the SNES "Super Metroid", but its a great game, the gamecube 3D one, "Metroid Prime" is just incredible.
Afterburner was NES, I never played that one until I had roms available to me, haha.

Did you mean "good choice" for the game list, or for not going to hellfest? :lol: What the hell happened up there anyway? I heard some terrible things. :zombie: