avi: swedish stuff

azal

love is the answer
Nov 12, 2002
Belgrade, Serbia
Visit site
There's this write up in Close-Up magazine about Serbian metal and my band Draconic is mentioned.

Is there anywhere I can get a copy and or translation that you know of?

this is what's on the site.

I NÄRBILD: SERBISK METAL
Kriget som bröt ut i det forna Jugoslavien under nittiotalet tog effektivt död på landets groende hårdrocksscen.
- De flesta grupper bryr sig inte om politik. Under kriget var det väldigt tufft, alla kände stor fruktan hela tiden. Ingen kunde vara säker på om han eller hon skulle få vakna upp nästa dag. Numera behöver ungdomarna inte tänka på det.
Uttalandet kommer från Vlada Jet, en dj och radiopratare som Marcus Grahn träffade under sin veckolånga vistelse i Belgrad. Där passade han även på att diskutera dåtid, nutid och framtid med några av landets mer prominenta - men utanför gränserna fortfarande komplett okända - hårdrocksgäng, såsom INTERFECTOR, DRACONIC, MAY RESULT och ABONOS. En intressant, fascinerande och delvis skrämmande rapport.

I paid Zander to do some translation work for me awhile ago. Otherwise, that's how I do things.

Seriously though, I bet if you email Close-Up you could get a copy for free and maybe even a translation.

cool.

That's a relatively good mag, no?

It's dumb though that it's just coming out because this interview was done months and months ago and the band has completely changed as far as sound and line up goes since then.

IN Wardrobe-up : SERBIAN Metal The war as was breaking into the ancient Yugoslavia wonder nittiotalet taken effectively dead on countries growing hårdrocksscen. They most brackets bryr themselves nots if politics. Wonder the war is that all almighty tough , all knew grand apprehension heal terms. None be able be sure of if he ors she should poll wake next day. Numeric requires ungdomarna nots contemplate the. Utterance am arriving from Vlada Jet , a dj and radiopratare as Marcus Grahn was hitting wonder its veckolånga stay in Belgrade. There was matching he also on that discuss dåtid , modern and future with any of countries more prominent but out borders still complete unknown hårdrocksgäng såsom INTERFECTOR DRACONIC MAY RESULT and ABONOS. A interesting , fascinate and part appalling bulletin.

hmmmm.....

I think that the fact that avi doesn't speak swedish is a very well kept secret and that if it were to leak, his internet it's a trap empire would crumble.

avi is kind of like that dude in The Man In The High Castle who is pretending to be a Swedish diplomat to pass through Japanese-occupied California and nearly gets caught when a Japanese guy starts speaking Swedish to him.

Almost all my friends that didn't know what they wanted to do with their lives are studying either swedish or norweigan in college because it's really metal.

yeah, congrats azal! sometimes it is nuts how long places take to post articles/news blurbs in print. i think by the time novdoom was on the cover of metal maniacs, i was moved to st. louis and out of the band.