AVIAN UNPLUGGED 01/18/2009

Phantom00700

New Metal Member
Dec 29, 2008
Minnesota
As I write this I am now listening to you guys perform "The Fear" and I must say that I'm happy I stayed up to listen to you guys. When I first heard that there was going to be an acoustic set I was skeptical, but you guys pulled it off. Even with a song like "As the World Burns" you managed to make it work (and, yes Lance, without the bongos). So now I am listening to "Beyond the Hallowed Gates" and again I'm just... WOW! :OMG: You guys have managed to pull off a de-metalized version of metal songs without losing the power or the strength. The only thing I was disappointed with was the lack of songs from Ashes and Madness, but it was amazing none the less! So as I close on this early, terribly terribly early, Sunday morning I give your acoustic set my seal of approval (for all it's worth :loco:). Good night, or rather good morning, to you all! :headbang: Also you need to put those recordings up for sale or up for download somewhere because I'm a computer illiterate and couldn't figure out how to record it! :headbang:

Well we're definitely glad that you stayed up late and enjoyed the show; same goes to everyone else that did so. We will make those songs available in some way before long, in the mean time, you can listen anytime you want right here (our set begins approximately 51 minutes into the show):

https://www.kfai.org/node/17143

When we discussed which songs to do, the Depths songs seemed more suitable since they are not as aggressive as the Ashes songs. We were going to do All The King's Horses and Unlock The Mystery but we only had about 20 minutes so we had to go with the other songs.

It was a lot of fun doing those songs a bit differently and I'm sure we will do another acoustic set at some point in the near future.